Gainesville Schools

footballfan

From 2009 - 2012 Gainesville High was a program that was a true contender in 6a. GHS had a record of 47-9 which is pretty good considering there was 2 different coaches during this time. 

From 2013 - present Gainesville High has gone down to a 29-18 record with the same coach. What would cause a program to have such a drop? I know that the coaching staff that was on the state runner team is no longer together but the talent pool has not dropped off. What's your opinion?

From 2009 - 2012 Gainesville High was a program that was a true contender in 6a. GHS had a record of 47-9 which is pretty good considering there was 2 different coaches during this time.

From 2013 - present Gainesville High has gone down to a 29-18 record with the same coach. What would cause a program to have such a drop? I know that the coaching staff that was on the state runner team is no longer together but the talent pool has not dropped off. What's your opinion?

Simple

Buchholz

As Buchholz was able to start keeping talent they didn't get the depth they once had

Also I remember that 2012 team

We came 3 points from beating them and was the closest team to beating Gainesville all year until central wrecked them in the title game

Seems like mentally Gainesville has not got past that loss as since that game they haven't been the same team and probley don't help when you lose your opening game 4 years in a row so kinda hard to start the season with momentum

Also welcome to the board, you a GHS rep?

No clue. I am just stating the facts. Gainesville High has produced more college level football players than Bucholz High in recent years.

Oh ok

My bad, didn't realize we were talking about next level talent

Thought it was strictly high school

Well idk many players from Buchholz at college level

Ik gators got players from both but i don't follow those 2 schools past high school level so I wouldn't know

GHS has nowhere near the talent they had in 2012 when they made a run to the finals. During that time they were considered the Alachua Co all stars as they had mostly all the top kids in the county. Since then those kids have stayed at Buchholz and Santa Fe as opposed to all going to GHS. One thing that made them look a little better was they played in an awful region and district. They didn't have to beat anybody to get to the 3rd round every year. James Thomson left after the finals appearance and Mark Latsko was hired to replace him. They haven't really had alot of talent the last couple of years and have done a good job with what they've had. Not enough talent in Gainesville for any school to make a serious run unless they get every player from around the area.