Lake Brantley at Bishop Moore

DarterBlue2

This was a good game between two playoff bound teams. Unlike last year when Bishop Moore was destroyed by Brantley, but stormed back to win the 5A title, they got a degree of revenge this year winning 21-14 with the rain falling fairly heavily in the last 1.5 quarters. Bishop Moore is still a quality team. However, it does not have last year's passing game. Brantley struggled to move the ball consistently and appears to not have much of a passing game. They are also severely missing last year's quarterback. 

I think the better team on this night won. However, if these two teams played 10 times, I could easily see a 5/5 split. I feel Bishop Moore gets by its first two playoff opponents. However, they will probably have trouble against American Heritage, particularly if they have to travel to South Florida. Their running game does not seem to have missed a beat from last year, but the QB and Offensive Line is not as good as the championship team. 

As for Brantley, I think they have a 50/50 chance against Spruce Creek and a puncher's chance against Seminole, who I expect to handle Sandalwood. It should be interesting heading into the playoffs.

This was a good game between two playoff bound teams. Unlike last year when Bishop Moore was destroyed by Brantley, but stormed back to win the 5A title, they got a degree of revenge this year winning 21-14 with the rain falling fairly heavily in the last 1.5 quarters. Bishop Moore is still a quality team. However, it does not have last year's passing game. Brantley struggled to move the ball consistently and appears to not have much of a passing game. They are also severely missing last year's quarterback. 

I think the better team on this night won. However, if these two teams played 10 times, I could easily see a 5/5 split. I feel Bishop Moore gets by its first two playoff opponents. However, they will probably have trouble against American Heritage, particularly if they have to travel to South Florida. Their running game does not seem to have missed a beat from last year, but the QB and Offensive Line is not as good as the championship team. 

As for Brantley, I think they have a 50/50 chance against Spruce Creek and a puncher's chance against Seminole, who I expect to handle Sandalwood. It should be interesting heading into the playoffs.

Assuming Bishop Moore knocks off Merritt Island there next opponent would likely be Palm Bay.  Any chance Palm Bay could be a threat to Bishop Moore?

Assuming Bishop Moore knocks off Merritt Island there next opponent would likely be Palm Bay.  Any chance Palm Bay could be a threat to Bishop Moore?

I have not seen Palm Bay this year either live or on film. If you look at their record, they seem to be a pretty good team. So in that sense yes. However, records can be deceiving. Just look at how Vanguard folded against Lake Gibson. I will say this. If Palm Bay beats Bishop Moore, they will have taken down a good team. Were it not for American Heritage, I would see Bishop Moore getting at least to the Semi Final, if not the title game.

As to AHP.  I think they were better offensively last year.  Defensively, it has taken them a while to get polished but they are better this year defensively than last.  

Cardinal Gibbons is a very balanced team and I don't think they are far off Hallandale 2015.  Hallandale was more explosive, but Gibbons may better rounded overall ( things such as overall coaching, special teams and stuff).   Gibbons will have a tall task getting by AHP but outside of that , I think think they can play down to the wire with any 5A team in the state right now.

I agree with your comments about Gibbons. If they are able to upset American Heritage, Bishop Moore would have its hands full against them, too. But BM's running game is at least as good as last year's. Unfortunately, the quarterback is not. 5A South could get interesting. Last night BM's defense more or less shut down a pretty potent Brantley running game.