SURVYE SAYS - Coaches are not on board with changes to classifications leaving them unhappy with the FHSAA

Joshua Wilson

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the total high school student population was during all of those years mentioned?   Or even the total number of high schools?  Just wondering if the number of classes has increased because the number of schools has increased because the student population has increased. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the total high school student population was during all of those years mentioned?   Or even the total number of high schools?  Just wondering if the number of classes has increased because the number of schools has increased because the student population has increased. 

Between the FHSAA and FDOE, good luck on finding historical data.  I'll look into it later and see what turns up.

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Horrible. It’s a cash grab. The FHSAA get a cut of every playoff game. So more classes means more games means more money. It’s always about money in the end. It’s never about student athletes 

Sticky fingers is part of it.  However, everyone around during the 90's and early 2000's should recall what the biggest complaint was during that era.  ***HINT.  Its still a complaint today, lol.

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

I do know there is the exact same amount of teams now as there was 15 years ago 

18 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I do know there is the exact same amount of teams now as there was 15 years ago 

Nolebull, I'm not doubting the accuracy of your statement, but I must say that it surprises me.   We constantly hear about the number of people who move into Florida on a daily basis; perhaps they're all just a bunch of old farts with kids who already are out of school.  :P

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, I'm not doubting the accuracy of your statement, but I must say that it surprises me.   We constantly hear about the number of people who move into Florida on a daily basis; perhaps they're all just a bunch of old farts with kids who already are out of school.  :P

Could be a lot of small private schools that come and go. I’ll try and see how many teams from 2010 are defunct 

Just as I suspected. I found at least 46 teams from 2010 who no longer play 11 man football 

Landmark Christian 

Village Academy 

Highlands Christian 

Florida Air 

Ridgewood

Choice Learning Academy St John Lutheran 

Barrington Christian

Potters House 

Woods Haven Prep 

Agape Christian 

Calvary Ormond 

Peniel Baptist