3A Round 2

BrowardHandicapper

Well, through the first round no shockers to my knowledge.  Perhaps a a very mild upset with Jacksonville Episcopal losing 17-20 @ Florida High but to me Episcopal was only a slight favorite in that one and they were on the road so very small upset...

I was at the Chaminade-Madonna game versus Cardinal Newman and I believe Chaminad-Madonna will give Oxbridge all they can handle Friday.

Melbourne Central Catholic absolutely destroyed Cardinal Mooney.  The final score does not even do justice.  MCC rushed for well over 300 yards and had over 500 total yards of Offense.  Clearwater Central Catholic supposedly will be the favorite, here but they better bring their defense Friday. CCC to me has not been as impressive as advertised.

Berkeley Prep  @ Tampa Catholic should be a very competitive game as well.  They both put away pesky opponents in First Academy and Ocala Trinity Catholic in Rd 1 by 2TDs.

Florida High @ TCA - Well, best of luck Florida High.  Hats off for getting to Rd 2....

Overall, I'm looking at the brackets of Round 2 in 3A and the facts are there will be some very good football teams having there season come to an end folks. Just wanted to acknowledge them and say "good by" now -  thanks for the very, very competitive and great play in 2016, 3A!

The 2nd round of the playoffs in 3A has some really strong football teams playing, and I agree- there will  be some good teams not playing in round 3.

Berkeley Prep and Tampa Catholic are both very good programs with tradition. TC won the regular season game 25-10, but Berkeley Prep is has healthy as they've been since a week 1 loss to CCC. This will be a fun game; however, I think Tampa Catholic holds on for a 21-17ish type win.

Chaminade Madonna vs Oxbridge will be a spectacular game and will headline a very, very good slate of 3A games. Both teams have played very strong schedules this year and both teams have a number of major division 1 prospects.

CCC vs MCC.  MCC is the real deal and Coach Sizemore has these guys playing very well. CCC is not a bad football team; however, by definition, they haven't hit the lofty expectations they had reaped upon them preseason. I expected more and so did the public at large. Maybe the coaching change effected them, maybe there's selfishness going on. Their defense is sporadic at best and despite having some major D-1 athletes, they only do the minimum to win a game. Still, this is a 9-1 team that is a 4x defending regional champion; however, after taking both teams seasons into review and looking only at the Cardinal Mooney game. I don't believe they'll get to #5. I think MCC ends CCC's regional power reign with a !,  56-10.

Florida High vs TCA...    TCA will win this by any amount they choose.

The 2nd round of the playoffs in 3A has some really strong football teams playing, and I agree- there will  be some good teams not playing in round 3.

Berkeley Prep and Tampa Catholic are both very good programs with tradition. TC won the regular season game 25-10, but Berkeley Prep is has healthy as they've been since a week 1 loss to CCC. This will be a fun game; however, I think Tampa Catholic holds on for a 21-17ish type win.

Chaminade Madonna vs Oxbridge will be a spectacular game and will headline a very, very good slate of 3A games. Both teams have played very strong schedules this year and both teams have a number of major division 1 prospects.

CCC vs MCC.  MCC is the real deal and Coach Sizemore has these guys playing very well. CCC is not a bad football team; however, by definition, they haven't hit the lofty expectations they had reaped upon them preseason. I expected more and so did the public at large. Maybe the coaching change effected them, maybe there's selfishness going on. Their defense is sporadic at best and despite having some major D-1 athletes, they only do the minimum to win a game. Still, this is a 9-1 team that is a 4x defending regional champion; however, after taking both teams seasons into review and looking only at the Cardinal Mooney game. I don't believe they'll get to #5. I think MCC ends CCC's regional power reign with a !,  56-10.

Florida High vs TCA...    TCA will win this by any amount they choose.

Who are you picking in the Chaminade-Madonna @ Oxbridge Academy game @ SPCjessica2004?

Oxbridge Academy has been pretty even keel all year (in a great way) and better not come out flat against CM or they will fall IMO. 

Great question Broward- I think Chaminade-Madonna has the horses to win the game if Columbi plays; however, I've always felt that Oxbridge has a stronger defense while Chaminade has a more dynamic offense. Defense wins championships and this is a championship game (Regional)- so, I'll go Oxbridge; however, like last year when CM jumped out early I can see the same thing happening here.  I'll go Oxbridge 28, CM 21 in a tighly contested battle.

Great question Broward- I think Chaminade-Madonna has the horses to win the game if Columbi plays; however, I've always felt that Oxbridge has a stronger defense while Chaminade has a more dynamic offense. Defense wins championships and this is a championship game (Regional)- so, I'll go Oxbridge; however, like last year when CM jumped out early I can see the same thing happening here.  I'll go Oxbridge 28, CM 21 in a tighly contested battle.

Agree.  

Columbi played against Cardinal Newman yesterday the entire 1st qtr and then they rotated him in every few plays the 2nd and 3rd quarters to probably polish a few things off. He looked very sharp yesterday (against Cardinal Newman).