Timber Creek gets upended by Winter Park

DarterBlue2

Timber Creek took the opening kickoff down to the Winter Park 17 and three plays later scored to take a 7-0 lead inside a minute. WP tied the game with 1:42 left in the quarter and proceeded to rip off three more touchdowns in the third to take a 28-7 lead at the break. TC's QB who had shredded Apopka with some precision passing got picked off three times as WP's defensive front put relentless pressure on him. 

Winter Park extended their lead scoring on a 2:15 second drive to open the third. However, TC scored twice to close out the third 35-21 Winter Park. In the fourth, both teams moved the ball and had their chances but were dogged by turnovers. 

Winter Park's Jordan Pouncey is as advertised. I understand why he got multiple offers, including most of the top schools. Their QB is a decent dual threat, and, most of all, I was impressed with their defensive front, which is big, but athletic, and quick. In a normal year, I could not see this WP team going deep. However, this year, I could easily see them upsetting the Seminole/Brantley winner and getting to at least the semis. We will see.