Changes ahead for FloridaHSFootball.com

Joshua Wilson

I will put some of this down more tomorrow or Thursday in an official post on the main section of the website, but since all of you have been some of the most loyal fans on here I figure to share some early thoughts of what is going on.

I call this FloridaHSFootball.com 2.0.

The goal behind 2.0 will which will allow some things on the site to occur has been once thought impossible. I also want to seek out some thoughts and opinions from you all, something I will take into deep consideration when going forward with the 2.0 project.

1. More content creation

I will say this is an area that has been an up and down issue. This is an area where I would love to hear from you all on what you would like to see. My goal is to get 3 to 5 articles posted per day on a variety of subjects. Yes, I am setting the bar here, but I would love to set that bar even higher in the coming months. With Flag Football coming up you are going to see different things with that combined with tackle coverage. I will say this also that I have a notepad with several pages of ideas, some of which I look to execute soon, some which will have to wait until we get to the fall. However, it will be fun content!

2. Mobile App
I am looking at it now to get a mobile app for the website launched. This could take a few more months to accomplish depending on a few factors I cannot speak upon just yet. However, I have already looked at the company to be used and is already used by a big regional sports site outside of Florida. It will allow us to send push notifications when news breaks or other big stories are published. The mobile app would be available for both Android and iOS (iPhone) users for FREE. 

3. Video Integration & Podcasts
There are some things in the works with some things involving video. Once I have a few more things cleared up and ready to go I can officially announce what I am doing here in this department. It will also tie into something I have been wanting to do for at least the last five years, but sometimes the best things come to those who wait. I am also dabbling with the possibilities of some podcasts and would tie in somewhat with the video integration. 

4. Sponsorships & Advertising
Not too much I can discuss here, but there is some serious discussion for us to have some major sponsors come on board. This will allow the site to grow and do new things to further achieve to keep making FloridaHSFootball.com better than it was the day before, the week and even the year before the next day. If you know anyone that might be interesting in being a sponsor or wants to advertise on FloridaHSFootball.com, please have them email me at joshua.wilson@floridahsfootball.com.

Again, this is just some updates to what I call 2.0 for the site. Leave me your thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions, etc. Appreciate each of you all who have come on the board to talk about the greatest state in the high school football world! 

-- Josh