Thoughts on American Heritage Plantation & Booker T. Washington

DB4

Both teams will make deep runs in their respective classifications. With that being said:

Booker T. Washington: The turnovers are an obvious thing to look at. AHP is stacked at every level of the defense, particularly line and secondary, but it felt like BTW completely abandoned the running game in the first half. Silvera (99) and Chatfield (9) for AHP are studs on the DLine, but you have to give some semblance of the run or that secondary will suffocate you, no matter how good your passing game is. If BTW can limit the turnovers and run the ball more than they did tonight, the offense will be fine. They're definitely a finesse offense but the QB is solid and the WRs are playmakers. Thornton (4) for is nice.

Defensively, BTW did a pretty solid job holding AHP in the first half. I didn't see the first AHP touchdown but the second one, the BTW corner just stopped his feet and the AHP ran right by him for a deep touchdown. BTW's defense was stout in the second half, but they gave up the dagger touchdown right when they needed another stop the most. They're fast but they can be run on. 

Overall, BTW's schedule will test them a lot but they'll be fine. They turned the ball over like 5-6 times and still lost by two scores. If they even only turn the ball over 2-3 times, they probably win the game.

American Heritage Plantation: Offense didn't impress me like I thought they would. Schwartz (10) can fly, but the offense as a whole seemed out of sync from when I got there. They have some teams on the schedule that they'll dominate just because they have more talent, but to win the state championship or win in this tough first five games they have, they must be better.

The defense is legit. They let up points in the second half but I'll give credit to BTW for not giving up. It will be tough for most teams to pass on them. Too much talent in the secondary and the pass rush will overwhelm also.

Overall, AHP is really good. I don't think they're 15 points better than BTW but turnovers can do that. It wound up being a decent game. Both teams will go far in the playoffs.