ARTICLE LINKS: Playoff points averages & projected seedings

Joshua Wilson

Great Job... 
Class 7A Region 3 You have Pinellas Park listed twice (#4 should be East Bay, according to your data). I would argue it should be Tampa Bay Tech as TBT is undefeated currently in district while East Bay has 2 losses (despite being equal in power points).

Class 8A Region 2 your points are messed up for Ridge Community. They have 35.80 points.

#6 Gateway
#7 Riverview (Sarasota)
#8 Ridge Community

17 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Great Job... 
Class 7A Region 3 You have Pinellas Park listed twice (#4 should be East Bay, according to your data). I would argue it should be Tampa Bay Tech as TBT is undefeated currently in district while East Bay has 2 losses (despite being equal in power points).

Class 8A Region 2 your points are messed up for Ridge Community. They have 35.80 points.

#6 Gateway
#7 Riverview (Sarasota)
#8 Ridge Community

I will double check all of that. Was having internet trouble earlier so things may have entered twice and I should have caught it but didn't.

21 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Great Job... 

#6 Gateway
#7 Riverview (Sarasota)
#8 Ridge Community

You are right on this...not sure how I messed that up. Easy fix!

Class 5A Region 1
Trinity Christian (Jax) would be #3 seed (undefeated in district and higher point total) vs Bishop Kenny (1 district loss to PV)
It would look like this

#1 West Florida vs #8 Ponte Vedra
#4 Suwannee vs #5 Rickards

#2 Godby vs #7 Bishop Kenny
#3 Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville) vs #6 Wakulla

Class 5A Region 2

Zephyrhills is undefeated in district, Anclote and Wesley Chapel are not. This would slide Anclote into #5 and move everyone else down.

#1 Baker County vs #8 Nature Coast
#2 Hernando vs #7 Menendez
#3 Zephyrhills vs #6 Wesley Chapel
#4 Belleview vs #5 Anclote

Region 4
You have already stated that Jones beat Bishop Moore, but you keep them as the District Champ. Wouldn't it be more consistent to put Jones as #3 seed and making Bishop Moore the #6 seed instead of projecting two Jones' losses.
#1 Cardinal Gibbons vs #8 Coconut Creek
#4 Fort Pierce Westwood vs #5 American Heritage (Plantation)

#2 Palm Bay vs #7 Merrit Island
#3 Jones vs #6 Bishop Moore

Class 3A Region 2
Taylor (Pierson) has 37.60 points which makes them the #3 seed, pushes King's Academy off.

Class 2A Region 2
Victory Christian has 42 points (#1 seed), you have it listed as 43.67
Zephyrhills Christian has 37. 67... they should be #2 seed

Class 2A Region 3
Your points are off... 
SW Florida Christian 35 points
Cambridge Christian 34.8
Admiral Farragut 32.67
Indian Rocks Christian 32.67

Class 2A Region 4
Champagnt has 41.8 points, not 40.8

Class 1A Region 4
Wildwood has the wrong point total. It would have the tiebreaker as they have one category 1 victory vs Hawthorne's zero.

#1 Wildwood 38.75
#2 Hawthorne 38.75
#3 Crescent City 37.75
#4 Pahokee    36.33

Many of these things might have been changed as the FHSAA received information about mistakes in their totals. 

14 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Class 5A Region 1
Trinity Christian (Jax) would be #3 seed (undefeated in district and higher point total) vs Bishop Kenny (1 district loss to PV)
It would look like this

#1 West Florida vs #8 Ponte Vedra
#4 Suwannee vs #5 Rickards

#2 Godby vs #7 Bishop Kenny
#3 Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville) vs #6 Wakulla

Class 5A Region 2

Zephyrhills is undefeated in district, Anclote and Wesley Chapel are not. This would slide Anclote into #5 and move everyone else down.

#1 Baker County vs #8 Nature Coast
#2 Hernando vs #7 Menendez
#3 Zephyrhills vs #6 Wesley Chapel
#4 Belleview vs #5 Anclote

Region 4
You have already stated that Jones beat Bishop Moore, but you keep them as the District Champ. Wouldn't it be more consistent to put Jones as #3 seed and making Bishop Moore the #6 seed instead of projecting two Jones' losses.
#1 Cardinal Gibbons vs #8 Coconut Creek
#4 Fort Pierce Westwood vs #5 American Heritage (Plantation)

#2 Palm Bay vs #7 Merrit Island
#3 Jones vs #6 Bishop Moore

Class 3A Region 2
Taylor (Pierson) has 37.60 points which makes them the #3 seed, pushes King's Academy off.

Class 2A Region 2
Victory Christian has 42 points (#1 seed), you have it listed as 43.67
Zephyrhills Christian has 37. 67... they should be #2 seed

Class 2A Region 3
Your points are off... 
SW Florida Christian 35 points
Cambridge Christian 34.8
Admiral Farragut 32.67
Indian Rocks Christian 32.67

Class 2A Region 4
Champagnt has 41.8 points, not 40.8

Class 1A Region 4
Wildwood has the wrong point total. It would have the tiebreaker as they have one category 1 victory vs Hawthorne's zero.

#1 Wildwood 38.75
#2 Hawthorne 38.75
#3 Crescent City 37.75
#4 Pahokee    36.33

Many of these things might have been changed as the FHSAA received information about mistakes in their totals. 

Gatorman,

Thanks. If any info gets changes won't be reflected next week. There is a reason I kept Bishop Moore there and apparently you didn't read it. I don't have enough data and district games that have been played as of this time. After this week it will be easier as more games will have been made up and so forth. There is still a chance Jones could slip up and drop the next three district games and be out of it. So you say Bishop Moore wouldn't have chance is totally straight.

I get your points but if apply one thing to one district I need to do it for all and that won't happen until we get another week in. Frank Beasley liked the approach I took eith it and once the next few weeks settle out the playoff picture will become much more clearer.

I was just commenting that I knew that you were working on them earlier in the day when the FHSAA released and some of the changes in points that I suggested are likely from the FHSAA making updates later, which was when I was looking. So I was trying to explain why your numbers might have been correct when you did it, vs later in the evening when I did the same thing.

As for Bishop Moore/Jones, I read your original comment (I even commented that), I just believe that if Jones already has the head-to-head match-up than they should be higher. Your way isn't wrong, these are just projections as we stated that will only get better as we get into the final 5 weeks. I do think I was being consistent in my suggestions that zero loss in district teams should be higher than teams with one or two (despite power points). 

As I said, I know the hours that go into doing something like this. So I appreciate it.