Bartram Trail 32 Fleming Island 16

Joker99

In 2007 10 years ago, there was a team in Fleming Island that wasn't very good to be quite honest. They lost 4 out of their first 5 games. But something happened in the middle of that season that changed this program. In that season the Golden Eagles learned how to win, they learned how to be tough, and they learned to play for one another. In a span of 7 years the football program lost what made this program so successful. Now as we go into week 8 of the season it seems like that Fleming Island Magic has been found again. The Golden Eagles haven't been the most dominant team in the last 7 weeks but they have won games, they have won the games they needed to win and the ones that they are supposed to. Now they face a familiar foe that will travel across the Shands bridge on Friday night. These two teams have had great games over the past decade and I expect the same on Friday night. This matchup reminds me so much of that game that ended our season 10 years ago and continued the bears. On one side of the field the Bears have QB's in the backfield that are highly touted and recruited back then it was Kyle Parker(Clemson) now it's Joey Gatewood(Auburn) and Riley Smith, on the other side of the field we had the fiercest most dominant LB in North Florida in Wesley Whiddon and now we have Ryan Smenda. Just like the Golden Eagles were the underdog back then, they will be the underdog on Friday night and rightfully so. The Bears have been dominant this year on both sides of the ball while the Golden Eagles have been dominant on defense but not on offense. The key to this game will be in the trenches, and turnovers. The Golden Eagles have to be balanced on offense and Dean Hyams and our RB's have to protect the football. The Golden Eagles haven't played in a game this big since 2013, but I promise you they will play in another one equally as big before this season is over. I love that this game is a home game, when the Rock is Rockin there is no tougher place to play in North Florida. 

5 minutes ago, Joker99 said:

In 2007 10 years ago, there was a team in Fleming Island that wasn't very good to be quite honest. They lost 4 out of their first 5 games. But something happened in the middle of that season that changed this program. In that season the Golden Eagles learned how to win, they learned how to be tough, and they learned to play for one another. In a span of 7 years the football program lost what made this program so successful. Now as we go into week 8 of the season it seems like that Fleming Island Magic has been found again. The Golden Eagles haven't been the most dominant team in the last 7 weeks but they have won games, they have won the games they needed to win and the ones that they are supposed to. Now they face a familiar foe that will travel across the Shands bridge on Friday night. These two teams have had great games over the past decade and I expect the same on Friday night. This matchup reminds me so much of that game that ended our season 10 years ago and continued the bears. On one side of the field the Bears have QB's in the backfield that are highly touted and recruited back then it was Kyle Parker(Clemson) now it's Joey Gatewood(Auburn) and Riley Smith, on the other side of the field we had the fiercest most dominant LB in North Florida in Wesley Whiddon and now we have Ryan Smenda. Just like the Golden Eagles were the underdog back then, they will be the underdog on Friday night and rightfully so. The Bears have been dominant this year on both sides of the ball while the Golden Eagles have been dominant on defense but not on offense. The key to this game will be in the trenches, and turnovers. The Golden Eagles have to be balanced on offense and Dean Hyams and our RB's have to protect the football. The Golden Eagles haven't played in a game this big since 2013, but I promise you they will play in another one equally as big before this season is over. I love that this game is a home game, when the Rock is Rockin there is no tougher place to play in North Florida. 

if fleming island can pass then you all might surprise people because bartram trail don't have a very good secondary 

6 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Hey Joker, good to see you're still around. Many have moved on, some are no more (speculation)

It's good to see your still around as well. I always have enjoyed your insight on your Mainland Bucs. I wish some of the other guys still had a presence on the forums online it always makes Fridays a little more fun. 

Score hardly tells the story of this one late in the game  with just 8 minutes to go the Golden Eagles were trailing 23-16 with the ball. 

Tonight we learned just how bad our offense is. If the Golden Eagles are going to make it out of Regionals for the first time in school history the Golden Eagles are gonna need to figure out how to give our defense a chance to win games. Two picks, and two blocked punts isn't going to do that. 

Despite the loss this program is heading in the right direction, and it's only a matter of time until the offense turns the corner that the defense has already turned. This football team will have the opportunity to do that in the playoffs this year and hopefully they will capitalize on that. 

10 hours ago, Joker99 said:

Score hardly tells the story of this one late in the game  with just 8 minutes to go the Golden Eagles were trailing 23-16 with the ball. 

Tonight we learned just how bad our offense is. If the Golden Eagles are going to make it out of Regionals for the first time in school history the Golden Eagles are gonna need to figure out how to give our defense a chance to win games. Two picks, and two blocked punts isn't going to do that. 

Despite the loss this program is heading in the right direction, and it's only a matter of time until the offense turns the corner that the defense has already turned. This football team will have the opportunity to do that in the playoffs this year and hopefully they will capitalize on that. 

Region 1 is wide open at this point 

No one has seperated themselves from the pack