Edgewater vs Boone

badbird

Big game to decide playoff seeds in multiple regions and classes.  It is very important for 8A Region 1 as Boone could move up to the 6 seed or possibly the 5 seed.  They could also drop all the way to the 8 seed.  Edgewater probably moves to the #1 seed in 7A Region 1 with a win which would be an amazing turn around from 0-10.  Columbiafan should be rooting for this as Columbia will get Lincoln round 1 and Edgewater round 2 and avoid playing both Bartram Trail and Lee.  It looks like we might be hearing from Columbiafan deep in the playoffs.  I actually like Boone to win this game but think it will be very very close. Boone has a great kicker that has hit from over 50.  It might come down to that.  Boone 24-21

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

Big game to decide playoff seeds in multiple regions and classes.  It is very important for 8A Region 1 as Boone could move up to the 6 seed or possibly the 5 seed.  They could also drop all the way to the 8 seed.  Edgewater probably moves to the #1 seed in 7A Region 1 with a win which would be an amazing turn around from 0-10.  Columbiafan should be rooting for this as Columbia will get Lincoln round 1 and Edgewater round 2 and avoid playing both Bartram Trail and Lee.  It looks like we might be hearing from Columbiafan deep in the playoffs.  I actually like Boone to win this game but think it will be very very close. Boone has a great kicker that has hit from over 50.  It might come down to that.  Boone 24-21

Go edgewater help us out lol

1 hour ago, badbird said:

This game has a lot of tradition. I believe this is the 65th edition. Boone and Edgewater resulted from the separation of Orlando High into two schools in the early 1950s. It's been a big rivalry ever since and has had its fair share of upsets and down to the wire games. 

I may take this one in tomorrow. 

I am going to Lake Mary vs Winter Park but I think Edgewater/Boone will have a better atmosphere and probably a more exciting game because of the intense rivalry.  I have yet to see Lake Mary in person but have seen them on film a few times.   If the Lake Mary/Winter park game is out of hand or boring I might catch the second half of Edgewater/Boone. 

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

I am going to Lake Mary vs Winter Park but I think Edgewater/Boone will have a better atmosphere and probably a more exciting game because of the intense rivalry.  I have yet to see Lake Mary in person but have seen them on film a few times.   If the Lake Mary/Winter park game is out of hand or boring I might catch the second half of Edgewater/Boone. 

I was debating between the two. I have not seen Winter Park live since the Spring game against DP. But I will stick to the one I go to. Too much distance between the two venues. Both have the potential to be very good games. I feel more assured that the Edg/Boone will be intense because it's an historic rivalry.