Vanguard @ Armwood - 6A

Proseteye

As a fan of Vanguard I am of course hoping that they find a way to mitigate Armwood's vaunted attack and defense. I would imagine they do that by playing error free ball and bringing their best A game to Seffner. The Knights do have the tools and athletes to compete with the Hawks. QB Marquez Glover has nearly 2,600 yards passing 32 TDs and a .678 average with only 4 interceptions. He has 4 or 5 very good receivers including 6' 5" Leonard Manual. There are 4 RB's with a total of 2,300 yards and Glover spreads it around among them. The Knights score 40 ppg average and give up 12 ppg average. The key will be in stopping Armwood's RB Brian Snead and using plays that will get past Armwood's 4.5 ppg defensive average. It can be done but it's going to be tough as nails. I'm assuming that Armwood runs the Wing-T or versions of it.

It's going to be a good night for Football as the rain stops later Thursday night and it should be dry and cooler at game time Friday.

Vanguard appears to be a very good team. Armwood played a pretty decent schedule and came out unscathed so I'd imagine they can game plan for some of the weapons that Vanguard can present. I think the key to a Vanguard win is coming up with ways to relieve the pressure Armwood will put on your qb. You can throw on Armwood if the QB has sufficient time, but typically the Armwood pressure creates a lot of bad throws that result in picks or 3 and outs. Very tough to run on them unless you have athletes like Miami Central.  It will take a special effort to beat Armwood, but it's certainly possible.

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Vanguard appears to be a very good team. Armwood played a pretty decent schedule and came out unscathed so I'd imagine they can game plan for some of the weapons that Vanguard can present. I think the key to a Vanguard win is coming up with ways to relieve the pressure Armwood will put on your qb. You can throw on Armwood if the QB has sufficient time, but typically the Armwood pressure creates a lot of bad throws that result in picks or 3 and outs. Very tough to run on them unless you have athletes like Miami Central.  It will take a special effort to beat Armwood, but it's certainly possible.

Yes, it will be the 3 second rule for Glover. He's also one of the most mobile QB's I've seen. Easier said than done, though.