Dwyer 2013 vs Venice 2017

FloTech

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I think both teams had very good defenses. Both defenses had some points put up on them at States. 

Dwyer probably had a harder path to States and better opponent in 2013 Niceville versus 2017 Bartram Trail.

But who u got tho

7 hours ago, FloTech said:

But who u got tho

I think Venice probably wins the LOS but I would believe 2013 Dwyer's speed may pose a problem on both sides of the ball.  I was impressed with 2017 Venice in the first half of play at States versus Bartram Trail but in the second half BT did seem to figure something out and perhaps expose the Venice secondary a bit IMO.  Bartram Trail actually had more rushing and passing yards then Venice along with over 100 more total yards in the game (296-181) but in the end Venice took care of business with a double digit victory.  

Dwyer 2013 went undefeated in a somewhat weak schedule however to finish the season averaging over 40 pts a game versus STA, East Lake and Niceville was very solid.  

I would say the Dwyer offense may have been a little more dynamic with a few more options , while the Venice offense may have been a bit more efficient. Both teams had good QBs (Daniel Parr for Dwyer landed at FAU while Bryce Carpenter will continue at Coastal Carolina) .

Defensively, I would probably give the edge to Venice up front, a draw on the LBs and the secondary to Dwyer.

If I had to pick the game on a neutral field I would probably lean 2013 Dwyer over 2017 Venice.  I think the Dwyer DBs would slow down standout Venice WR Jaivon Heiligh (Coastal Carolina signee)  however I think a WR like Johnnie Dixon (now blowing up at Ohio State) may be the difference enough for me to lean 2013 Dwyer.

12 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I think Venice probably wins the LOS but I would believe 2013 Dwyer's speed may pose a problem on both sides of the ball.  I was impressed with 2017 Venice in the first half of play at States versus Bartram Trail but in the second half BT did seem to figure something out and perhaps expose the Venice secondary a bit IMO.  Bartram Trail actually had more rushing and passing yards then Venice along with over 100 more total yards in the game (296-181) but in the end Venice took care of business with a double digit victory.  

Dwyer 2013 went undefeated in a somewhat weak schedule however to finish the season averaging over 40 pts a game versus STA, East Lake and Niceville was very solid.  

I would say the Dwyer offense may have been a little more dynamic with a few more options , while the Venice offense may have been a bit more efficient. Both teams had good QBs (Daniel Parr for Dwyer landed at FAU while Bryce Carpenter will continue at Coastal Carolina) .

Defensively, I would probably give the edge to Venice up front, a draw on the LBs and the secondary to Dwyer.

If I had to pick the game on a neutral field I would probably lean 2013 Dwyer over 2017 Venice.  I think the Dwyer DBs would slow down standout Venice WR Jaivon Heiligh (Coastal Carolina signee)  however I think a WR like Johnnie Dixon (now blowing up at Ohio State) may be the difference enough for me to lean 2013 Dwyer.

Very good analysis