10 Teams That May Be Flying Under the Radar

OldSchoolLion

By listing the teams below, am not implying they are necessarily a legitimate threat to win a state title.  They are teams that seem to be trending in the right direction and have at least one big-time playmaker who could be the difference in a close game.

Dunnellon(4A)-The Tigers are 29-7 over the past 3 seasons.  Maurice Goolsby, a 4-star WR and FSU commit, is one of the top playmakers in the state.   And Jaquvion "Baby J" Fraziars , one of the top juniors in the state, is a big 4-star Athlete with multiple Power 5 offers. 

University(4A)-The Sharks won the 3A title in 2012 and have a history of winning.  Kenny McIntosh, a 4-star RB with multiple Power offers, is one of the top playmakers in the state.  University is loaded with talent this year, including two of the top defensive backs in the state.

Dunbar(5A)-The Tigers are 28-6 the past 3 seasons.  Seneca Milledge, a 3-star RB and University of Virginia commit, is a playmaker on both sides of the ball with lots of speed.  Jadarius McKnight is one of the top juniors in the state.  The 4-star Athlete is committed to FSU.  And Derick Hunter, a 4-star DE and FSU commit, is one of the top defensive linemen in the state.   

Jefferson(5A)-Is Jefferson back?  After some marginal seasons, the Dragons have put together 2 good seasons and have Ahmarean Brown, a 3-star WR and Maryland commit...a definite playmaker.

Menendez(5A)-The Falcons were 8-4 last year and played Baker County and Clay tough.  Kenny Logan, a 3-star athlete who played RB and WR last year, is a big-time playmaker with multiple power 5 offers.  Tye Edwards is one of the top linebackers in the state with numerous Power 5 offers.  New coach Kyle Skipper has been the OC, so they should not lose continuity.  

Naples(6A)-The Golden Eagles have one of the most seasoned coaches in the state, Bill Kramer, and a long history of winning.  Chez Mellusi, a 4-star RB and Clemson commit, is one of the top playmakers in the state.  Dominic Mamarelli is one of the top juniors in the state.  The 4-star TE is a UM commit. 

Fletcher(7A)-The Senators have been hanging around this decade, showing promise.  No idea if they will break out anytime soon, but can say they have one of the top playmakers in the state.  Jeremiah Payton is a 4-star WR and UM commit.  And Devon Lingle, one of the top junior QB's in the state, is a 3-star recruit who already has multiple FBS offers.

Miami Palmetto(8A)-The Panthers had fair-to-weak teams for years, but have 17 wins over the past 2 seasons.  Cornelis Nunn, is a 3-star Athlete and Syracuse commit.   

South Dade(8A)-The Buccaneers were 8A state champs in 2013 and have a history of winning.  Frank Ladson, a 5-star WR and Clemson commit, is arguably the top playmaker in the state.  The Bucs have 2 of the top underclassman lineman in the state and are loaded at LB and DB.

West Orange(8A)-The Warriors are on the rise and have been playing tough of late against the top teams in Orlando.   Darrell Harding, a 3-star WR and Duke commit, is a big WR and major playmaker. 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We would be flying under the radar if I wasn't on here ;)

I considered listing Columbia, with TJ Jones, but folks on this board probably hear more about Columbia than any other team.  It would be impossible for Columbia to fly under the radar with ColumbiaFan on here.:rolleyes:  Just teasin'.

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I considered listing Columbia, with TJ Jones, but folks on this board probably hear more about Columbia than any other team.  It would be impossible for Columbia to fly under the radar with ColumbiaFan on here.:rolleyes:  Just teasin'.

Well that was the point lol

If i wasn't here Columbia would be flying under the radar with the best receiver corp in the region

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well that was the point lol

If i wasn't here Columbia would be flying under the radar with the best receiver corp in the region

You have an inferiority complex about your team, even though they are one of the most consistent programs in the state historically.  Why do you need constant affirmation?  

Image result for therapy meme

17 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

You have an inferiority complex about your team, even though they are one of the most consistent programs in the state historically.  Why do you need constant affirmation?  

Image result for therapy meme

Bc there are people out there who are trying to minimize everything we have built 

They claim we only good because we beat up on weak competition 

Not to mention I'm desperate for us to be a success, this high school is the only thing these morons running Lake City haven't found a way to screw up 

I have fallen 1 game short of getting a state championship experience twice and with my growing impatient feelings towards management in this city i want to see them get to state before I leave Lake City and with these changes coming potentially to the playoff format our chances to ever be a champion might be closing 

We have to take advantage while we still have a chance otherwise the opportunity might be lost forever 

If a fan of a Tallahassee or Gainesville or Jacksonville team losses in the playoffs they will just go find one of millions of activities and forget it happened,  unless there is another sport playing after one gets eliminated here then it's just a waiting period until next sport starts because there is no distraction to find in Lake City

That's what happens when people running the town have been in too long and you have corruption at the top,  the same family names are in control at the top and they try to keep status quo even if it means intentionally destroying any growth that can be brought to the city

Started with UF in early 1900s and has continued for over 100 years

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bc there are people out there who are trying to minimize everything we have built 

They claim we only good because we beat up on weak competition 

Just curious...who are these people?  Did a fellow named "Tony" talk to you about Columbia while you were growing up?  If you don't get it, watch "The Shining."  

Image result for the shining tony

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So in other words Columbia is basically having to carry Lake City on it's back because without Columbia then Lake City would not have anything making it relevant 

Seriously, you need to start looking around, and I think you will find that there are many wonderful things about Columbia beyond its high school.  No more talk young man...that is your homework assignment.  Please report back to us something you learn.  

I would start with the people who live there.  THEY are what makes Lake City/Columbia County...not a building.  I bet there is some elderly person sitting in a nursing home there that could tell you some stories about your hometown that would blow your mind.  

Please note additions to 4 of the teams below-in bold.  Adds to the case that these teams could be exciting this year..  

Dunnellon(4A)-The Tigers are 29-7 over the past 3 seasons.  Maurice Goolsby, a 4-star WR and FSU commit, is one of the top playmakers in the state.   And Jaquvion "Baby J" Fraziars , one of the top juniors in the state, is a big 4-star Athlete with multiple Power 5 offers. 

Dunbar(5A)-The Tigers are 28-6 the past 3 seasons.  Seneca Milledge, a 3-star RB and University of Virginia commit, is a playmaker on both sides of the ball with lots of speed.  Jadarius McKnight is one of the top juniors in the state.  The 4-star Athlete is committed to FSU.  And Derick Hunter, a 4-star DE and FSU commit, is one of the top defensive linemen in the state.   

Naples(6A)-The Golden Eagles have one of the most seasoned coaches in the state, Bill Kramer, and a long history of winning.  Chez Mellusi, a 4-star RB and Clemson commit, is one of the top playmakers in the state.  Dominic Mamarelli is one of the top juniors in the state.  The 4-star TE is a UM commit. 

Fletcher(7A)-The Senators have been hanging around this decade, showing promise.  No idea if they will break out anytime soon, but can say they have one of the top playmakers in the state.  Jeremiah Payton is a 4-star WR and UM commit.  And Devon Lingle, one of the top junior QB's in the state, is a 3-star recruit who already has multiple FBS offers.