Cardinal Gibbons Opponent Milton

OldSchoolLion

Milton finished 9-3 last season and beat nationally-ranked Archer last night at the Corky Kell classic.  Cardinal Gibbons will be playing Milton in a couple of weeks in Georgia.  Looks like it could be a great game!

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/late-archer-rally-comes-up-just-short-in--/article_c35099dc-c108-542e-8453-62ffdc6af559.html

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Wekiva may have a chance. They are very nasty on defense and have a solid, if not yet spectacular, offense. 

If they lose, their undoing may be their special teams. We will see in a little. 

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

This is the one I think we can win of the big 3 GA-Fl matchups.  And the only one I might consider even (or maybe even a tinge in our favor).   Still, Gibbons will have to play well and make few mistakes.

If Cardinal Gibbons does not win, it will be a big disappointment.  With the talent they have, they should beat Milton. 

The Wekiva game could end up being the closest of the 3. North Gwinnett lost a lot from last year, but looked pretty impressive putting a running clock on Brookwood yesterday.   Am very excited about this matchup.

As far as Deerfield goes...they have the toughest opponent as far as I can tell.  On paper, Buford has as much talent as anyone in FL except for St Thomas. 

If Cardinal Gibbons does not win, it will be a big disappointment.  With the talent they have, they should beat Milton. 

The Wekiva game could end up being the closest of the 3. North Gwinnett lost a lot from last year, but looked pretty impressive putting a running clock on Brookwood yesterday.   Am very excited about this matchup.

As far as Deerfield goes...they have the toughest opponent as far as I can tell.  On paper, Buford has as much talent as anyone in FL except for St Thomas. 

Here are Milton's more prominent recruits that I could find: 

Jordan Yates-3 star QB Georgia tech commit

Paul Tchio-4 star OL multiple Power 5 offers

Allen Waker- 3 star LB Louisana Tech commit

Joseph Charleston-4 star S Tennessee commit

I think Buford vs Gibbons and Deerfield vs Milton would have been more even matchups, but we'll see