Crystal River Does It Again

OldSchoolLion

Talk about a turnaround.  Last season, the Pirates started the season with a 40-0 loss to Dunnellon and a 28-0 loss to West Port of Ocala.  After upsetting Dunnellon 20-13 last week, the Pirates managed a 35-32 victory over West Port this past Friday.  West Port is led by future Tennessee qb Brian Maurer, who had 4 first half TD passes.  Congratulations to first year head coach Cliff Lohrey for the great turnaround.  Something tells me they are doing it without a load of FBS transfers that showed up after last season.   

This is the first time the Pirates have started a season 2-0 since 2012.

Crystal River did it again.  They lost to South Lake 43-6 last year and last night pulled off a 45-40 win over them.  The Pirates are off to a 3-0 start.  The 3 teams they have beaten this season beat them by a combined total of 113-6 last season.  Can you imagine how sweet the revenge is?  This has to be one of the better turnaround stories so far this year.  And being in Citrus County, somehow I doubt their success is due to ten 3-star recruits transferring this season.   

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Crystal River did it again.  They lost to South Lake 43-6 last year and last night pulled off a 45-40 win over them.  The Pirates are off to a 3-0 start.  The 3 teams they have beaten this season beat them by a combined total of 113-6 last season.  Can you imagine how sweet the revenge is?  This has to be one of the better turnaround stories so far this year.  And being in Citrus County, somehow I doubt their success is due to ten 3-star recruits transferring this season.   

Solid coaching will do it all the time