Godby vs Bolles

Jags904

1 minute ago, Jags904 said:

I saw Godby vs Bolles went final with Bolles winning. That was shocking to me for two reasons: why did they play on a Thursday & how did Bolles win? 

They played on Thursday because Lincoln plays at Gene Cox tomorrow night 

And i was surprised as well,  after watching us against Bolles i didn't expect them to go far tbh

Bolles didn't strike me as a serious threat but maybe appearances can be deceiving 

Looks like round 2 of Trinity vs Bolles next Friday

39 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They played on Thursday because Lincoln plays at Gene Cox tomorrow night 

And i was surprised as well,  after watching us against Bolles i didn't expect them to go far tbh

Bolles didn't strike me as a serious threat but maybe appearances can be deceiving 

Looks like round 2 of Trinity vs Bolles next Friday

I think Godby was probably overrated. Exhibit A was their 15-12 (or something like that) win over Lake Mary. Well either the week after or two weeks after, I forget and am too lazy to look it up, Lake Mary struggled mightily to beat an average Lyman team 21-14 (I was at that game and aside from the LM freshman QB, I though the team was very average). Right there, despite Godby's impressive other wins on paper,  I had this burning question in the back of my head: how good is Godby, really? 

My guess is not as good as most thought, and they got exposed for what they were. Look for TC to beat Bolles easily next week. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think Godby was probably overrated. Exhibit A was their 15-12 (or something like that) win over Lake Mary. Well either the week after or two weeks after, I forget and am too lazy to look it up, Lake Mary struggled mightily to beat an average Lyman team 21-14 (I was at that game and aside from the LM freshman QB, I though the team was very average). Right there, despite Godby's impressive other wins on paper,  I had this burning question in the back of my head: how good is Godby, really? 

My guess is not as good as most thought, and they got exposed for what they were. Look for TC to beat Bolles easily next week. 

Trinity probably wins by 24 next week 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I did feel Trinity would beat godby but i thought Godby was good enough to beat Bolles but i guess not lol

43 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Or maybe more. If you assume the LM/Godby game was not a fluke. I personally believe Columbia would put a running clock on Lake Mary if they played at their best. 

I’ll go with same score as last time Bolles vs TCA played. Competitive first half but overwhelming second half. 

I think Northeast Florida has legit shot at 3 titles: UC, Raines, and TCA. 4 for those who consider Lake City in that.