WHOSE GOIN HOME TONIGHT AND WHO WILL ADVANCE??? any predictions

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

Why are you following high schoolers who aren't at your home school?

-----

My predictions back on Nov 7-

8A: Wekiva vs Columbus 
7A: Lakeland vs St. Thomas Aquinas
6A: Vanguard vs Carol City
5A: Trinity Christian vs Orlando Jones
4A: Raines vs Cocoa
3A: Fort White vs Chaminade-Madonna
2A: Victory Christian vs Moore Haven
1A: Port St. Joe vs Madison County

As for tonight, I am going to the King Academy vs The First Academy game, I will take King's. 

I ain't, the player commented on a post by one of reporters at LCR who i follow 

12 hours ago, joeycash2004 said:

Wekiva season will end tonight.

Wekiva lost because of their offense.  Plain and simple.  Ball control to limit mistakes is great and all when you have a quality defense, but the time will always come when an opponent forces the offense to have to do a little more.  And when your offense hasn't had to do more all year, it makes it that much more difficult.  They just weren't up for the task.  I do now understand why they use that offensive philosophy.  Their QB is wildly inaccurate on any pass more than 10 yards or so.  He just throws it up for grabs.  Also, as Darter had pointed out earlier in the week, their kicking game had issues.  That FG they missed early would have been good if the goal post had been on the pylon.  How does a team who has state title aspirations not have a quality kicker?  Go get someone off the soccer team or something.  Mandarin has had their own kicking issues this year, but they have straightened them out.

I had seen enough of Wekiva to know that the Mandarin offense vs. Wekiva defense was going to be a wash.  Both would have some success and that a big play or two were out there for each.  I also knew that the Mandarin defense, which most people sleep on, had the advantage over their offense and that was where they would win the game.  The Mandarin defense did exactly what they have been doing for some time now, which is give up some garbage yardage in the middle of the field and stop people when they need to.  Not exactly sure why Wekiva ran that reverse on that last fourth down.  They ran that play twice during the game for about -15 yds total.

There will be lots of football up here in Jax this upcoming Friday.  Mandarin, TC and Raines are all at home and there is a very good chance all three will end up in Orlando the following week.

Oh yeah, haha, does this mean that Mandarin now gets the mayor's cup?  The Wekiva peeps can forward it to:

Mandarin High School

4831 Greenland Rd.

Jacksonville, FL 32258

I see Wekiva has been winning by playing big boy football. They win at the line of scrimmage because there line is HUGE. If you watched  game, you could see Wekiva was clearly playing Man up with no safeties over top at all and when there were in zone there were playing 10 yards off the wrs. Mandarin coach was still trying to run the ball and you could see clearly the run wasn't there at all. Mandarin got away from the short passing attack. I think mandarin receivers can play with any groups of corners in the state. On the other hand Wekiva had plenty of chances to win the game not including the missed field goal. my thing is that your offense is set like a spread so teams will think that you will throw it, but I should of been the exact opposite. They line up four receivers and knowing they cant throw the ball. so mandarin had already known that so mandarin maned up and forced qb to win with his arm that's why he had plenty of running lanes to scramble when he did. but why not stack the box and show run then hit them with the pass?? just saying.... you run a spread formation just to run a reverse on 4th down, that's dumb coaching....they should of just ran that Apopka offense. the have the oline for it and the qb has the talent. yeah you're right will be a lot of games in Duval this week.