Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
561_Fan

Pahokee@Palm Beach Lakes (tonight)

Recommended Posts

Hopefully, we can make it 2 in a row. The defense has been doing their job. Offense and Special Teams have been the doing a great job of putting the defense in bad situations in every game...especially the Dillard game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Hopefully, we can make it 2 in a row. The defense has been doing their job. Offense and Special Teams have been the doing a great job of putting the defense in bad situations in every game...especially the Dillard game

Saw the dwyer & Pk film && pk made dwyer look extrmely better then what they are. 

I will say this tho im rootin 4 yall to get a dub tonight it will be a huge win for yall & will most def put yall back in the top 10 in palm beach. And most of all get u to 2-2 with 6 games games to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Saw the dwyer & Pk film && pk made dwyer look extrmely better then what they are. 

I will say this tho im rootin 4 yall to get a dub tonight it will be a huge win for yall & will most def put yall back in the top 10 in palm beach. And most of all get u to 2-2 with 6 games games to go.

Our defense can play with anyone, but the offense keeps putting them in bad situations. We keep turning the ball over and letting teams start in the red zone. 

We should've blew Dwyer out, but offensively we did some different stuff..they didn't start #2 at QB, backup played almost the first half and still not trying to run the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Our defense can play with anyone, but the offense keeps putting them in bad situations. We keep turning the ball over and letting teams start in the red zone. 

We should've blew Dwyer out, but offensively we did some different stuff..they didn't start #2 at QB, backup played almost the first half and still not trying to run the ball

I agree that & yall special teams. But i told alot of people before the dwyer game dont let PK 0-2 record fool you they talented asf. Got alot of speed & their defense legit. They just have to put it all together. 

I ser them making the playoffs & when they do their gonna be a problem for any school they play.

Also what you thought about our band bro i thought yall band would b there to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree that & yall special teams. But i told alot of people before the dwyer game dont let PK 0-2 record fool you they talented asf. Got alot of speed & their defense legit. They just have to put it all together. 

I ser them making the playoffs & when they do their gonna be a problem for any school they play.

Also what you thought about our band bro i thought yall band would b there to.

We havent had a band the last 5 years. After our longtime band director retired, administration wanted to go in a different direction, even though there were former band members who wanted the job and it's been downhill since. 

It was a great performance by the Dillard band. It was a reminder of what our band was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the high school bands that I have seen in person over the last few years have been bland and boring. They play music that is not very interesting and most of their uniforms are from hunger. I don't know who picks the musical selection and uniforms but they need to take a poll of the fans to see what their preferences are. The best bands that I've seen are the black school high stepping bands. No comparison with the others. When you're at a football game you want to have as much energy on display as possible. You don't want to be put to sleep during the intermission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Most of the high school bands that I have seen in person over the last few years have been bland and boring. They play music that is not very interesting and most of their uniforms are from hunger. I don't know who picks the musical selection and uniforms but they need to take a poll of the fans to see what their preferences are. The best bands that I've seen are the black school high stepping bands. No comparison with the others. When you're at a football game you want to have as much energy on display as possible. You don't want to be put to sleep during the intermission.

Lmao lol u would def love dillard then we light up the stands & halftime show the crowd come for the team & band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

We havent had a band the last 5 years. After our longtime band director retired, administration wanted to go in a different direction, even though there were former band members who wanted the job and it's been downhill since. 

It was a great performance by the Dillard band. It was a reminder of what our band was

Truuu were u still there wen we played "i got 5 on it" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • You keep saying they won’t make it, but both Trinity and Pahokee are sitting in playoffs spots. Both teams win one more game and they will be locked in. Anything happens after that. 
    • My team is sitting at 4-4 right now and going by the latest rpi we are in 10th place.  If we win out we have a shot of getting in but also might need a little help.  I look at some of the ones ahead of us rpi wise and honestly feel that we played a little tougher schedule.  Of course we have a few bad teams on the schedule that hurt our rpi,; games we won by blowout.   While the games we lost were to tough opponents and were fun games to watch, two determined in the last minute, I can't help but think the math works against us.  
    • Before you indict Plant or the system (and assuming this were to happen), I think you have to look at two things . . . in addition to the combined record of the teams that Plant has lost to this year (41-7; 41-3 if you take out losses to other teams in the group of six):  First, until the changes a few years back (3 years ago??), district runners up automatically made the playoffs.  Because Plant won its district 14 years in a row, it never had to worry about sliding in the playoff backdoor as a runner up.  But that would be the case this year if we were still operating under the old system that was in place for more years than I can count (and, again, assuming Plant wins this week).  Second, I think you have to look at the other teams in Region 2.  Take out the top 6 teams or so (for purposes of argument, Dr. Phillips, Kissimee Osceola, Lake Nona, Steinbrenner, Sarasota Riverview and Newsome and perhaps Lennard if you want to add a 7th team) and there really aren't that many, if any, other playoff-caliber teams.   Perhaps I have just proven your point and that it is the new system, and not any one team, that will deserve to be indicted if all that comes to fruition.  But just remember, the reward that a 8 or 7 seed gets for sneaking into the playoffs is a road game against the best or second best team in the region.  In other words, after week one of the playoffs, it really becomes a moot point.
    • How will a promotion/regulation help tougher teams fill schedules for non conference games?

    • I think a team that loads up on highly difficult teams (Trinity Christian, Pahokee) and wins half or less are definitely going to struggle in 1A-4A to make the playoffs. I said at the beginning of the year that Pahokee would not make the playoffs because of how difficult their schedule was. Trinity Christian the same thing. You can schedule all the hard teams you want, but ultimately you have to win some of those games. If 4-6 Plant makes the playoffs, I think that will be an indictment of the system, just like last year an 0-9 Gadsden County making the playoffs was.  

      As for playing 4 cupcakes, if you are a middle of the road team for your classification (Suwannee would be a good example), then it would be easier to schedule local cupcakes because nobody thinks you are going to dominate them. As a result, you end up with 6-7 wins and a good chance of making the playoffs.  The FHSAA is trying to find ways for tough teams to play tough teams, and because teams can make their own schedules teams can refuse to play tough teams or end up traveling 3+ hours to find a game. The reality is that promotion/relegation would slowly push teams to their correct spot. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×