Fleming Island starts season 0-2

Joker99

I hate losing just about as much as anyone. But while the start to our season has been horrible. I think there is plenty of time to turn the season around. I think the biggest issue overall is we are beating ourselves. I haven't seen a Fleming Island team this fundamentally poor since 2007. That team started out with alot of losses at the beginning of the year and then turned the ship around and made the playoffs and made a decent run all the way to the Regional Finals. If we can fix the turnovers, penalties, missed coverage assignments, bad position on pre snap, not picking up blitzes in pass blocking schemes, not down field blocking, not gang tackling, lack of containment we have a shot to be a good football team. We need to start playing more disciplined football and it doesn't happen overnight. It takes one game at a time, one practice at a time, and one snap at a time. I personally challenge these our guys to make an effort on improving every single day and if they do we won't be talking about a team that wasn't that good, but instead we will be talking about a team making some noise in the playoffs because that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Losing is not in my vocabulary, but the 2007 FIHS team holds the title of the first District Champions for Fleming Island High! That season was more than a "decent run into the playoffs". It was history being made! I know you know your stats and we weren't 0-2(now 1-3)! That season was magical! It should never be compared to a "rebuilding " season. Twenty-six seniors graduated in 2014. Give them time, but never compare any team to FIHS 2007!

We've had a lot of injuries early this year. If we're healthy going into the other district games, we've got a good chance at winning the district.

We have yet to see our Injury Reserve/Summer Camp/Most offers but hasn't played more 3 games in 2 years All-American take the field this year. Not taking a shot at the kid. But I hate seeing kids get D-1 offers when their production isn't D-1. He may end up being the best Athlete to come out of Fleming Island eventually. But right now in my humble opinion he's the softest.