DBP 24 Aquinas 7

STARaiders2014

A very very tough pill to swallow for Raider Nation....as the Raiders were really embarassed on national TV by the Ironmen at West Point who since 2004 are the only team to beat STA that is not in the state of FLA. Very impressive but speaks more so to DBP and the program those boys have up there in NJ they run a great program and wouldnt shock me to see them in the national title talk now that STA is out of it. Thought we were in good shape in the 1st quarter when down 7-0 Sam Bruce took a short pass a shot up the middle for a I think 76yrd TD pass to tie it at 7, but that is where our good luck ended. We wouldnt pick up a first down till the 3rd quarter and once we had a drive going down 10-7 Bruce dropped a gimmie slip screen pass forcing us into a 4th and 8 which resulted in a pick and led to a DBP TD making it 17-7 and really putting STA away. Bruce would drop another key pass which wouldve been a first down later on in the game and after that drive ended the Ironmen would finish off the Raiders making it 24-7 early in the 4th quarter. As disappointed as I am I am very proud of the STA athletic department for never shying away from tough competition regardless of whether they think they'll get a W or not and Smith deserves credit for that. I do know the Raiders will be ready for Miramar next week and will have a fire in them to prove the doubters wrong and it will start with Miramar. If STA takes care of business there we are looking at a 1 loss regular season and a pretty good spot going into the playoffs. Once again congrats to Don Bosco Prep on a win that they EARNED big time...GO RAIDERS! Also a little tid bit here....last time DBP beat Aquinas was in 2012....the Raiders went onto win the state title in that year so hey hopefully history repeats itself!