Trinity Christian 27 AH-Delray 7

STARaiders2014

It was great meeting you Jerry. I enjoyed our conversations. Always great meeting people and talking about this great game of football we all love so much. You also expanded my knowledge of a few programs and for that I appreciate it. 

The game itself was a pretty staunch defensive battle for a while marked by punt after punt. It truly seemed as if it was going to go into the half all knotted at 0. That is until the game's first mistake by either side, which is always so crucial. Trinity was able to immediately take advantage of the ball hitting the AHD punt returner and subsequently recover the ball. It was a close play that could've been called a few ways since our cover guy was right on top of the AHD kid. That took us into the half with a little momentum.

As Jerry so rightfully, and knowledgeably pointed out the AHD QB situation was a little off and they could never seem to hit the timely throws with ANY accuracy whatsoever. Trinity's run stuffing D was as advertised! AHD stayed disciplined in its run-first game plan but stubbornly stuck to its guns and kept coming up with nothing time and time again. Then when they needed a throw or two could not make it happen. AHD actually had good run game concepts but Trinity is just so disciplined in their assignments and so physically dominant they couldn't get anything going on the ground.

Hey, you live by the sword and you die by it and that's what AHD did. The unstoppable force met the immovable object and got bludgeoned.  After a few more timely plays by Trinity the game was far out of control for AHD as even a 14 point lead seemed insurmountable. Their lone score came in garbage time and with only one second in the game remaining.

Not gonna lie, as a defensive coach....I want my shutouts! Lol. But it was a nice afternoon made all the better by good company and the gold medal! Back to back Champs! 5th title in the school's history. How 'bout them Conquerors!