7A First Round Predictions

DarterBlue2

I know less about 7A but here goes:

Lincoln vs Robert E. Lee - Lincoln by 21, Lee's record does not look very impressive

Columbia vs Chiles - Columbia by 31, easy first round for a good team

Buchholtz vs Edgewater - Buchholtz by 3, but Edgewater has the athletes to pull the upset

Hagerty vs Bartram Trail - Hagerty by 17, the best unknown Orlando team keeps veteran coach Phil Ziegler in the playoff hunt

St. Cloud vs Martin County - St. Cloud by 1, this is my homer pick as I really don't see any  separation between the two

Viera vs Harmony - Viera by 14, better program on the rise

Lakeland vs Sickles - Lakeland by 1, should be a very close game that could go either way; Sickles has beaten all the teams they should have pretty easily

Plant vs Kathleen - Plant by 1, should be a very close game that could go either way; edge to the more experienced team

Plant City vs East Lake - East Lake by 3 in another close game

Countryside vs Tampa Bay Technical - Countryside by 1,  should be a very close game that could go either way

Braden River vs Gulf Coast - Braden River by 24 in an easy victory. This is a good team that could go far

South Fort Myers vs Venice - Venice by 7, only loss was to Braden River who I think is a very good team

Dwyer vs Blanche Ely - Dwyer by 13, Ely's record is deceptive, but Dwyer has too much for them to handle

St. Thomas Aquinas vs Royal Palm Beach - Easy win for St. Thomas by 28+ points

Nova vs Mater Academy - Mater by 31, Nova's district not very good

Miami Sunset vs West Broward - Sunset by 21, WB lost to Nova who is not very good

Comments or disagreement?

I think Nova will keep it closer than 31 vs. Mater Academy.  I would lean Mater Academy by 17ish .    I think West Broward and Miami Sunset is more of a 14 pt game.   Dwyer seems about spot on.  Royal Palm Beach will be lucky to score vs. STA.   I think Lakeland will beat Sickles by at least 10.  I expect Lakeland and St. Thomas to step on the gas now!

I think Nova will keep it closer than 31 vs. Mater Academy.  I would lean Mater Academy by 17ish .    I think West Broward and Miami Sunset is more of a 14 pt game.   Dwyer seems about spot on.  Royal Palm Beach will be lucky to score vs. STA.   I think Lakeland will beat Sickles by at least 10.  I expect Lakeland and St. Thomas to step on the gas now!

No issue with your comments except for Sickles/Lakeland. I think Lakeland is pretty average this year. Its two losses bear that out. Carol City is a very good team that could make a deep run and if the margin of its victory over Lakeland was what the final score showed, then, yes, Lakeland would have had nothing to be ashamed of. However, as I remember it, Carol City opened up a big lead on Lakeland which was only cut late in the game when, perhaps, its best players had exited the game. As to the Bartow loss, that one is hard to understand unless the Dreadnaughts had multiple players unavailable for the game.

No issue with your comments except for Sickles/Lakeland. I think Lakeland is pretty average this year. Its two losses bear that out. Carol City is a very good team that could make a deep run and if the margin of its victory over Lakeland was what the final score showed, then, yes, Lakeland would have had nothing to be ashamed of. However, as I remember it, Carol City opened up a big lead on Lakeland which was only cut late in the game when, perhaps, its best players had exited the game. As to the Bartow loss, that one is hard to understand unless the Dreadnaughts had multiple players unavailable for the game.

Yeah, looking closer at it Lakeland has been a little off this year. I think there Coaching will be the difference vs Sickles though. You might be dead on with Lakeland winning a tight one.

The Bartow loss was really sloppy play and penalties. A lateral attempted by the RB as he is getting tackled that goes directly into the defensive players arms. Bartow's last drive was 25 yards of offense and 35 yards of Lakeland penalties (and a horribly missed holding call). Lakeland went into that game thinking they could play around and just win it. They have been a much different team since losing that game. If Lakeland plays the way they did the last 3 weeks of the season, it is a drastically different team from the beginning of the season. 

So, that is the real question. Which Lakeland team shows up? The one that thought they would beat Bartow by stepping on the field? Or the one that pretty much dominated a previously undefeated Kathleen team? They have the talent, it's all about focus.

I know less about 7A but here goes:

Lincoln vs Robert E. Lee - Lincoln by 21, Lee's record does not look very impressive                                                                                  Correct

Columbia vs Chiles - Columbia by 31, easy first round for a good team                                                                                                          Correct

Buchholtz vs Edgewater - Buchholtz by 3, but Edgewater has the athletes to pull the upset                                                                       Correct

Hagerty vs Bartram Trail - Hagerty by 17, the best unknown Orlando team keeps veteran coach Phil Ziegler in the playoff hunt      Incorrect

St. Cloud vs Martin County - St. Cloud by 1, this is my homer pick as I really don't see any  separation between the two                   Incorrect

Viera vs Harmony - Viera by 14, better program on the rise                                                                                                                              Correct

Lakeland vs Sickles - Lakeland by 1, should be a very close game that could go either way; Sickles has beaten all the teams they should have pretty easily  Correct but way wrong on the spread

Plant vs Kathleen - Plant by 1, should be a very close game that could go either way; edge to the more experienced team             Correct          

Plant City vs East Lake - East Lake by 3 in another close game                                                                                                                      Incorrect

Countryside vs Tampa Bay Technical - Countryside by 1,  should be a very close game that could go either way                              Incorrect

Braden River vs Gulf Coast - Braden River by 24 in an easy victory. This is a good team that could go far                                           Correct

South Fort Myers vs Venice - Venice by 7, only loss was to Braden River who I think is a very good team                                           Correct                      

Dwyer vs Blanche Ely - Dwyer by 13, Ely's record is deceptive, but Dwyer has too much for them to handle                                       Correct

St. Thomas Aquinas vs Royal Palm Beach - Easy win for St. Thomas by 28+ points                                                                                 Correct - spot on. St. Thomas is not as dominant as last year, injuries or not

Nova vs Mater Academy - Mater by 31, Nova's district not very good                                                                                                           Correct - but way off on margin of victory

Miami Sunset vs West Broward - Sunset by 21, WB lost to Nova who is not very good                                                                            Correct

Comments or disagreement?

12 right and 4 wrong. Also some big score differentials: Lakeland, Mater, Miami Sunset, Venice, Columbia, Lincoln, Viera.