2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

I was at most of the FHSAA games last year but I may have missed the "notable transfers" graphics.  I do recall many players and their star ratings with possibly their positions and college of interest but I do not recall that specific graphic. 3A and up I am also stunned there was a team participating that did NOT have any transfers the past few years.  Very surprised actually.    

None the less, the media is surely taking advantage of it but truth be told it does catch interests from many of us. 

What do most of you prefer?  

Do you enjoy the transparency of the transfers or would you not like to ever know anything to do with it?  

For me , I like to stay in the loop and prefer the transparency ...I admit that I do like to follow the outcome of the teams and players involved with the transfers.  How much does team "X" benefit from, and how much does team "Y" lose while in the transfer cycle.  How will it affect that team's season for the better or worse?  Will the exiting transfer open doors and opportunities for rising players?  

If the media happens to beat this messageboard (which seems about 50/50) on notable transfers, I admit that I do click on and read the article. I'm a geek for it....  HS football and the game has gravitated (or regressed) to where transfers significantly affect the outcomes of teams seasons.  I am not saying I am pro-transfer.... I just accept that it is part of the game these days.  Sometimes I hear about transfers through word of mouth, sometimes here and sometimes the media.  I like to stay in the loop.  I would rather know and be informed  that my team just got slaughtered to another team that had 15 D1 transfers before the outcome of a game,  than during or after - if that makes sense?

As far as an even playing field, the elite teams are definitely loading up more with transfers of late but if it is abiding by the governing rules/guidelines there is not much that can be done.  For example there is no rule in place that says a private school can only have "X" amount of transfers to my knowledge.  It may be 2 and it may be 20+ . The state, many fans feel that the transfer new rules in place will allow for a more even playing field.  We'll see....

Overall, I feel the media is glamorizing the individuals more so than actually definitively contributing to altering the playing field.  From what I usually see the media generally reports after a player has transferred to another team.

I'm surprised none of you are mentioning Gulliver Prep. The Raiders are now independent so who would wanna still play for them, unless they really don't have super star talent on the team which is why there not worth mentioning.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything but have not heard much....Kids still want to play for Independents.  Sometimes the decision is education/atmosphere based.  Usually parents play a role in how that stuff pans out for the student-athlete - sometimes it becomes a financial decision.

Don't be fooled, some of these Independents have several star-rated players on their teams  and I am not talking about IMG.

2018 CB prospect Trenell Troutman transfer to St. Thomas From Miami Pace originally a Northwestern kid and went o miramar... Smh now I put blame on the parents.... Why Is he not stable at one school....??? Red Flag once it comes to college

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything but have not heard much....Kids still want to play for Independents. Sometimes the decision is education/atmosphere based. Usually parents play a role in how that stuff pans out for the student-athlete - sometimes it becomes a financial decision.

Don't be fooled, some of these Independents have several star-rated players on their teams and I am not talking about IMG.

IMG is not a high school lol 😉

Some believe that most school districts in the state operate the same way when it comes to athletics and of course transfers. Abiding by the governing rules/guidelines is the reason some will give in defense of what is happening in other school districts. The issue is that not every school district is as lenient as others in relation to transfers. The DOE does not make every school district operate the same when it come to transfers. Now that is not the fault of any school district for doing what they want when enforcing their governing rules/guidelines. But it is very naive for some to think that every athletic program in every school district has the same opportunities as others in relation to transfers. That is why there is an uneven playing field. Again, not the fault of other athletic programs but very naive to think it is normality. 

Some believe that most school districts in the state operate the same way when it comes to athletics and of course transfers. Abiding by the governing rules/guidelines is the reason some will give in defense of what is happening in other school districts. The issue is that not every school district is as lenient as others in relation to transfers. The DOE does not make every school district operate the same when it come to transfers. Now that is not the fault of any school district for doing what they want when enforcing their governing rules/guidelines. But it is very naive for some to think that every athletic program in every school district has the same opportunities as others in relation to transfers. That is why there is an uneven playing field. Again, not the fault of other athletic programs but very naive to think it is normality. 

The rules have changed and beginning next year the same rules will apply to all school districts in FL . Many districts that do not have as lenient transfer rules are satisfied with the decision and feel that this will even things out.  If that does not even the playing field , I do not know what will... 

If the new rules or "fix"  backfires - what will be next?