Kickoff Classics

Corey_Davis

All it took for us to lose the record in 08 was one bad year, guess one bad year can get it back lol

lol I guess so, but it's nice to see both teams back up and in contention. Not trying to change the topic but I remember when my vanguard knights played y'all in 2011 and 12, Laremy Tunsil had his way with us both years, I was at the game in 2012 at booster stadium in a 28-20 defeat

lol I guess so, but it's nice to see both teams back up and in contention. Not trying to change the topic but I remember when my vanguard knights played y'all in 2011 and 12, Laremy Tunsil had his way with us both years, I was at the game in 2012 at booster stadium in a 28-20 defeat

Yeah, didn't we make a comeback to win that game

Do they pose a threat to states this year

You should check out the full review for the Manatee team in  the 2016 Preview Guide link located on the floridahsfootball.com homepage. Very informative.

http://floridahsfootball.com/preview-guide/

I think Manatee actually plays a half-decent schedule.  I have seen a lot worse.  Riverview (Riverview) is the only below average team on their schedule (and in their District) in my opinion.   I see Manatee as possibly knocking on the door as a top 50 team in FL.  They would have to get really hot late season (like beyond Viera hot) to make a run at States in my opinion.

From seeing them in the spring against clearwater countryside I would say they do, Manatee just did basically did anything they wanted to that night In a lopsided win, but the secondary is very young and don't know how far they could go with them being so young back their. The offense should average close to 45 ppg, very experienced group on that side

I believe Manatee will have it's hands full with the 8A Orlando gauntlett rounds....  I think the secondary may have a little bit of experience actually.   I read up on Manatee in the Preview Guide here 

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/07/11/2016-preview-guide-manatee-hurricanes-team-preview/

and am seeing a Jr and Sr. DB returning and 2 Jr transfers (a CB, FS)  by no means  a veteran secondary but they seem to be okay there with experience.

I believe Manatee will have it's hands full with the 8A Orlando gauntlett rounds.... I think the secondary may have a little bit of experience actually. I read up on Manatee in the Preview Guide here

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/07/11/2016-preview-guide-manatee-hurricanes-team-preview/

and am seeing a Jr and Sr. DB returning and 2 Jr transfers (a CB, FS) by no means a veteran secondary but they seem to be okay there with experience.

wow I didn't know about them transfers coming in. I should have read that preview already then lol

Lol classic Columbia fight lol ;) but vanguard a good team that I respect, they may not have gotten that win but they put up a great fight against a very good Columbia team that year

yeah y'all had a really good team to, Tunsil just paved the way for y'all's RB's, it was fun to watch him that night

I wish we still had him, I don't think we have ever trully replaced him yet

guys like that tho are ones that only come around every 8 to 10 years or even longer, just like know the QB vanguard has Nkos'i perry, he's the best QB vanguard has had since the 90s when Daunte culpepper was under center

guys like that tho are ones that only come around every 8 to 10 years or even longer, just like know the QB vanguard has Nkos'i perry, he's the best QB vanguard has had since the 90s when Daunte culpepper was under center

In reviewing Vanguard they are going to be loaded this season. With Senior QB Perry at the helm and Vanguard's plethora of talented RB's and WR's, they will be giving their 6A opponents fits. They face 3 teams that usually give them a game, North Marion, Gainesville, and Buchholz. From what I see NM and GNV lost a lot to graduation and I don't think will be able to hang with VG. 7A Buchholz is loaded and that will be the defining game for VG. If they can defeat BH they may just go deep into the playoffs with the confidence to get by teams like Armwood. In the past I have watched VG get lethargic at times in games that they are supposed to win. Don't know what that's all about but it does happen. To get to the championship game you have to go 110% every day of the season. This year the opportunity is there and may not return for some time.  

Buchulz is having to replace their quarterback, same with Gainesville, how much of a effect will that have?

Last season Buchholz went 10-2 and to the 2nd round of the playoffs with practically no Senior players. Yes, they lost QB Jackson White, 2,800 yds passing, to graduation. However, his replacement, Scott Lester, did play quite a bit in 2015. With all of the experienced Seniors they are going to have in key positions, I don't think they will miss a beat in 2016. Gainesville went 8-5 last season with a Senior QB and a Senior laden team. It doesn't look like they have a viable replacement for their QB and they lost a bunch to graduation. Since they are Gainesville HS, and are a well coached team, I don't think they will have a losing season. But, don't think they will see any playoffs this year. I will let you know how good Buchholz is after I see them in the KO classic in August against my team the Celtics. 

In reviewing Vanguard they are going to be loaded this season. With Senior QB Perry at the helm and Vanguard's plethora of talented RB's and WR's, they will be giving their 6A opponents fits. They face 3 teams that usually give them a game, North Marion, Gainesville, and Buchholz. From what I see NM and GNV lost a lot to graduation and I don't think will be able to hang with VG. 7A Buchholz is loaded and that will be the defining game for VG. If they can defeat BH they may just go deep into the playoffs with the confidence to get by teams like Armwood. In the past I have watched VG get lethargic at times in games that they are supposed to win. Don't know what that's all about but it does happen. To get to the championship game you have to go 110% every day of the season. This year the opportunity is there and may not return for some time.

the problem with vanguard has had over the years has been the coaches not all being on the same page and I agree this could be our last good run for quite sometime, if the coaching can get on the same page which know I think they finally are they can really make a huge playoff run and give Armwood all they can handle in round 3 which would be in seffner this season

the problem with vanguard has had over the years has been the coaches not all being on the same page and I agree this could be our last good run for quite sometime, if the coaching can get on the same page which know I think they finally are they can really make a huge playoff run and give Armwood all they can handle in round 3 which would be in seffner this season

They good enough to beat them if they play their best game

They good enough to beat them if they play their best game

for sure. They got 2 big name transfers in, 3 star OJ tucker coming over from forest and justin watkins coming back from north marion, watkins played his freshman season at vanguard, 2018 fsu commit and one of the top RBS in that class, lightning in a bottle no doubt

for sure. They got 2 big name transfers in, 3 star OJ tucker coming over from forest and justin watkins coming back from north marion, watkins played his freshman season at vanguard, 2018 fsu commit and one of the top RBS in that class, lightning in a bottle no doubt

What an incredible loss by the Colts. This fella Watkins is hard to pin down. He will fit right in with Vanguards multitude of talented players. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4982743/5727aae5e984d45274f08db1

From what im hearing pine Forrest should be best team out of panhandle region and vanguard who is going to be loaded in talent should easily take their district, Gainesville doesent appear to be that strong this year but I'll tell you about gainsville once we play them week 1, so if vanguard can pull a upset on Armwood which if you saw my bold predictions you would know I picked them to do just that and I feel they both go to play each other in final 4