Braden river?

DisabledAccount

I don't know what the rest of you think, but the playoff game I saw between Braden River and STA last year was defined by one play.  Samuel's interception ending the BR drive. Otherwise, BR scores on that drive and the outcome could have been different.  Point I'm making is that game was a lot closer than many realize and BR had the manpower to hang with STA.  In my opinion, those were the best two teams in 7a last year.  

I was not able to watch the game but from what  I have read and based on the box-score, both teams could not really rush on each other ( 1 fumble loss each as well)  but STA passed the ball much more efficiently.  2 INTs for Braden River, 0 for STA.  It appears STA built a 21-10 halftime lead, locked down Braden River for the most part in the 2nd half, went conservative offensively, stalled and kicked a couple 4th quarter FGs.  Final score was 27-10 STA. Difference in the game appeared to be the STA Defense and STA passed the ball better.

Having a shot at beating STA you cannot have more than 1 turnover....Braden River had 3 that game versus STA 1.  A well played game by Braden River but it will take a better performance than that in 2016.

I was not able to watch the game but from what  I have read and based on the box-score, both teams could not really rush on each other ( 1 fumble loss each as well)  but STA passed the ball much more efficiently.  2 INTs for Braden River, 0 for STA.  It appears STA built a 21-10 halftime lead, locked down Braden River for the most part in the 2nd half, went conservative offensively, stalled and kicked a couple 4th quarter FGs.  Final score was 27-10 STA. Difference in the game appeared to be the STA Defense and STA passed the ball better.

Having a shot at beating STA you cannot have more than 1 turnover....Braden River had 3 that game versus STA 1.  A well played game by Braden River but it will take a better performance than that in 2016.

I remember the times Lakeland beat STA in the state title games.  I also remember when Charlotte knocked STA out of the playoffs in 2004 (?) and when Lincoln beat them in the title game.  One thing I remember about all those games was the winning team had to establish the run early and play smash mouth football. 

I remember the times Lakeland beat STA in the state title games.  I also remember when Charlotte knocked STA out of the playoffs in 2004 (?) and when Lincoln beat them in the title game.  One thing I remember about all those games was the winning team had to establish the run early and play smash mouth football. 

Fair point. But the STA these days has a 1 year Head Coach and now a new DC .  Could be a little different animal.  We'll see how the teams that play STA locally fair versus them and how they attack the Raiders...

Isn't the new HC that they got the Plant City  OC from last year?  

I'll take your word for them falling back a bit though.  I was searching for another team that may be able to make some noise.  Probably a 7-3 regular season type team?

Probably Tampa bay Tech. they got a QB to transfer from Pasco high. But they often under-achieve but are always very talented