4-3 vs 3-4

DisabledAccount

Our defensive coordinator ran the 3-3 Stack or Nickle defense when he was with the Celtics. Works best against a Spread Offense. A very successful defensive formation for us and kept us in many games where the offense faltered.  

yea Hillsborough, countyside and Jefferson all ran 3-3 stack and it can be a nightmair

Usually we must use a TE against it because of 8 man pressure schemes

3-4 is harder to run in high school because you need specific body types to run it successfully.  You have to have a 0 technique that is huge, you also need two big inside LBs.  Its easier to implement and run 4-3/4-2-5, and 3-3/3-5-3 because you can scheme around a lot of size issues.

A 4-3 defense is at its best when you dont stunt and blitz all of the time. You spend individual time at practice teaching the techniques and fundamentals of the positions. Most fronts will have a 1 tech, 3 tech, 5 tech and 9 tech. Teach those guys to keep the LB's clean and proper technique against pressure blocks and non aggressive blocks. All these stunts, slants and angles are a gamble and teaches bad habits up front and most importantly does not prepare the players for the next level. Teach the LB's their keys and run fits in relation to the DL. It takes a lot more coaching than just shooting a gap and hoping for the best.

Whether you call a 5-2 team a 3-4 team is subjective but is interesting that you never played against Hillsborough, Robinson, armwood, Brandon,riverview, or plant :-)  Coached agaisnt all of them.  Beat all of them except Armwood and Hillsborough.  5-2 and 3-4 are very different personnel wise.  Ends vs LEOs/OLB

Man, the crazy thing is I know the principal, just interviewed for a teaching job there, and we talked about football.  But I ended up accepting a position at John I Leonard so I am going to pass.

Bruh you better thank again. That program would be off the hook playa

No one outside of the staff at Tech ever wants to talk about that game, lol.  I have never heard more excuses about a loss where they were physically dominated most of the game.  They have a great program, they just ran into a buzz saw that night.