TBT: 1997 6a state title game

DisabledAccount

Let me guess...This was the one time Columbia made it to states PLH?

We have played in 3 championship games and would have been more had they had playoffs in the 1930s but this most recent if that what you asking, anywho did you see this game in person, it was the game in the swamp

We have played in 3 championship games and would have been more had they had playoffs in the 1930s but this most recent if that what you asking, anywho did you see this game in person, it was the game in the swamp

No...I have no idea who even played in it to be honest.  But if I had to guess I would say Columbia is one of the teams.

I was there, saw it in person. I remember Columbia played a great game but it was evident who the supremely talented team was. Columbia got out to a lead but I remember watching the game with the feeling of waiting on a damn to break. Credit to Columbia for scrapping and clawing and holding on as long as they did. In the end the better team pulled it out. Great game to watch!

I was there, saw it in person. I remember Columbia played a great game but it was evident who the supremely talented team was. Columbia got out to a lead but I remember watching the game with the feeling of waiting on a damn to break. Credit to Columbia for scrapping and clawing and holding on as long as they did. In the end the better team pulled it out. Great game to watch!

Yeah we did pretty dang good for the fact Miami Herald said we wouldn't score a touchdown

Seriously?

" I wanted to watch when we were ahead in the game and showing we could hold our own with anyone"                 

Do you think people are lining up for proof that Columbia can play with anyone.  Are you going to keep replaying that part of the game when Columbia was ahead of Carol City because it was probably their biggest accomplishment in history?

" I wanted to watch when we were ahead in the game and showing we could hold our own with anyone"

Do you think people are lining up for proof that Columbia can play with anyone. Are you going to keep replaying that part of the game when Columbia was ahead of Carol City because it was probably their biggest accomplishment in history?

No our biggest accomplishment besides our championship is having over 650 victories which is more then all but 1 team in Florida despite not having the resources that schools like STA or Bolles or other rich schools have and the reason I want to see it is only part of game I can seem to find is when we are giving up a touchdown to lose the lead

No our biggest accomplishment besides our championship is having over 650 victories which is more then all but 1 team in Florida despite not having the resources that schools like STA or Bolles or other rich schools have and the reason I want to see it is only part of game I can seem to find is when we are giving up a touchdown to lose the lead

200+ of those wins were played when there were 4 total teams in North Florida and you played them 3X each.  

400 of those wins were played with these:

leather-football-helmet-rawlings-1.jpg