The Okaloosa round up week 1!

Terrapin

Hello everyone, Yourbasement here with a brand new post series for the Northwest Florida, covering all things from our football programs in Okaloosa. 

Niceville Eagles defeat Lincoln Trojans, 20-30.  

I had the radio feed going and heard great things, the Trojans had an interception in the 3rd quarter, but I don't think they converted, I was on and off hearing the radio feed. Heard great things about the program, and my former coworker said that the team is to form and they are a force out there on the field. 

Choctaw Indians lose a heart breaker to Gulf Breeze Dolphins. 29-38. 

Choctaw was supposed to have an easy win tonight, but it looks like a different outcome came about with Gulf Breeze winning by 38. I applaud how awesome Choctaw's coach Greg Thomas has done, although I heard from the radio feed that they lost seniors and some defense. I'll still be on the lookout for this team though.

Pace Patriots defeat the Fort Walton Beach Vikings. 35-7. 

Pace has been on and off, and Fort Walton is still in the rebuilding process with a brand new coach. The Fort Walton team is young, but they have plenty of room for growth.

Navarre Raiders defeat Pensacola Catholic Crusaders. 41-13.

Crestview Bulldogs blowout Northview Chiefs. 0-70

Yes folks, it was a blowout. Keep in mind Crestview is 6A while Northview is 1A. So the differences are there, and that's all I'll say. I heard the score on the radio and about coughed up my water out of shock. 

Baker Gators stop Holmes County. 14-30

Baker has been on the uprising, Matt Brunson is the man to thank for turning Baker into a contender. Will they make it to the state championship? We will see! A good win for them though over Holmes County. 

Niceville had 3 Touchdowns called back in the 2nd half Plus 2 turnovers. This game could have been a blow out if not for the sloppy play in the 3rd Quarter.......it was 30-13 with less then a min left when Lincoln scored their last TD...This is a typical Niceville team..Very talented and can make a deep run if they continue to get better.

Pensacola Pine Forest game was a shock to me. I expected PF to win that game but I guess they still have some work to do. Looks like the class of the Panhandle will be Niceville and Navarre again...