Vero Beach Football trying to make history

Floridatech

I used to work at FPC. I've since retired from coaching at least for now so I just enjoy going to different games on Friday. To their credit at VB in the 5 years I coached at FPC we won our 5 playoff games all at home. Lost to the state champs in '11 manatee by 3 at their place. Lost to the the next year when they weren't champs by 51 at home. Finally beat them the next year only to lose to plant by a few at home. Then bounced by a td at manatee again the 4th year in the first round. I think people in our area don't realize the gap between us and other more productive areas. Respect coach J and the Indians tremendously. I'm 2-3 against them, blowing leads twice to lose. They make great adjustments and get a lot out of their kids. The treasure coast however doesn't compare to many areas of the state. I'm am like you all I'd like to see coach J step up the SOS and maybe help them better prepare for the postseason.

I used to work at FPC. I've since retired from coaching at least for now so I just enjoy going to different games on Friday. To their credit at VB in the 5 years I coached at FPC we won our 5 playoff games all at home. Lost to the state champs in '11 manatee by 3 at their place. Lost to the the next year when they weren't champs by 51 at home. Finally beat them the next year only to lose to plant by a few at home. Then bounced by a td at manatee again the 4th year in the first round. I think people in our area don't realize the gap between us and other more productive areas. Respect coach J and the Indians tremendously. I'm 2-3 against them, blowing leads twice to lose. They make great adjustments and get a lot out of their kids. The treasure coast however doesn't compare to many areas of the state. I'm am like you all I'd like to see coach J step up the SOS and maybe help them better prepare for the postseason.

I used to like FPC but man what has happened y'all best team was in 2013 when yall beat Osceola, Manatee, and Vero that year and after that yall had a 4-6 record in 2014 due to a VERY tough schedule and last year yall lost to Treasure Coast i hope Helmerich the STA COACH can get FPC going right.

And yes Coach J just wants to stay home and play trash teams and last week was our first time in three years that we took a road game outside of the treasure coast

I used to like FPC but man what has happened y'all best team was in 2013 when yall beat Osceola, Manatee, and Vero that year and after that yall had a 4-6 record in 2014 due to a VERY tough schedule and last year yall lost to Treasure Coast i hope Helmerich the STA COACH can get FPC going right.

And yes Coach J just wants to stay home and play trash teams and last week was our first time in three years that we took a road game outside of the treasure coast

It's very difficult to retain coaches in St lucie county like I'm sure it is in other areas of the state. But when there are no planning periods, $800 stipends for the year, and all coaches being asked to teach eoc/AP tested courses most choose to leave. The issue in '14 was breaking in a new qb against a daunting schedule. Last year was my last and what drove me out of coaching for the time being. Too much "star" power and players concerned with their own well being and not that of the team. I like coach helmrich, he asked me to stay on staff but I just couldn't do it again. I hope he can get it back to where we had it going. I'm not sure with the rezoning how effective this will be. He loses out to Westwood for the neighborhoods of most of fort pierce's athletes. We will see however with the new rules coming into effect. Great guy, hope the best for him, but now I'm just a fan of good football. It seems to be harder to find around here these days.