Vero Beach Football trying to make history

Floridatech

In six seasons at Vero Beach, Coach Lenny Jankowski is 49-8, we haven't lost a regular season game since Oct.2013 to Fort Pierce Central and haven't lost at home since Sept.2012 to Fort Pierce Central.

With that said, if we beat Palm Beach Central this Friday night then we will have 26 consecutive regular season wins and it will tie us with the John Carroll team of 1988 and Vero Beach team if 1994...

Palm Beach Central did beat FPC two weeks ago but lost to Park Vista 30-7 and Vero will be playing them on the road(Vero don't really play that well on the road), so its hard for me to predict this game.

I thought teams had to have equal home and road games?

No rules for home vs away. Lakeland has 8 home games, 2 Road games in their regular season this year. Teams like Blanche Ely, Ft. Lauderdale and Carol City would rather come up here because they'll probably get more gate money and some have to work out schedules on shared fields.

No rules for home vs away.

Correct. 

Some schools (see Oxbridge, Lakeland and Vero Beach off the top of my head) would much rather do everything in their power to get more road games. Of course, they will have to sometimes travel, but some teams would much rather get a home game. In part for the gate money, in part for home field advantage. 

Some schools (Fort Lauderdale, for example) need to have the number of road trips outweigh the number of home contests they have due to not only having to share a field with at least one other school, but also because some schools need to collect guarantee money that you sometimes get on road trips in order to pay for their seasonal expenses. 

Correct.

Some schools (see Oxbridge, Lakeland and Vero Beach off the top of my head) would much rather do everything in their power to get more road games. Of course, they will have to sometimes travel, but some teams would much rather get a home game. In part for the gate money, in part for home field advantage.

Some schools (Fort Lauderdale, for example) need to have the number of road trips outweigh the number of home contests they have due to not only having to share a field with at least one other school, but also because some schools need to collect guarantee money that you sometimes get on road trips in order to pay for their seasonal expenses.

Coach J HATES traveling

FloridaTech when did you graduate or you still there? I'm an '04 grad.

I think we do need to travel more and play some better competition back when I was in school we used to play teams like Pahokee, Chaminade, Palm Bay, PB Gardens, all when they were on top of there game winning titles, We beat Pahokee in the KOC and Gardens during season the only team to do so the years they won state. Love to see us get back to playing some Brevard teams, Palm Bay, Cocoa, etc. would be great road competition and help come playoffs and I'm pretty sure Palm Bay they'd pull some pretty good money at the gate those games were always packed.

I think we do need to travel more and play some better competition back when I was in school we used to play teams like Pahokee, Chaminade, Palm Bay, PB Gardens, all when they were on top of there game winning titles, We beat Pahokee in the KOC and Gardens during season the only team to do so the years they won state. Love to see us get back to playing some Brevard teams, Palm Bay, Cocoa, etc. would be great road competition and help come playoffs and I'm pretty sure Palm Bay they'd pull some pretty good money at the gate those games were always packed.

Graduated in 2014 was going to play on the 2013 squad and our schedules are garbage but we recently played Palm Bay twice in the preseason and crushed them, Vero has played Palm Beach Gardens since 2013 and keeps beating them and Pahooke sucks now.

I want us to play Dade and Broward teams, i heard Vero was supposed to play BTW in the spring of 2014 but punked out of it and they dodged many more teams.

Welcome to the board

Word lol

I want us to be play y'all next year, two year contract

We likely wont add on to Bolles or Escambia which were 2 year deals that expire after this year and heard rumors Camden county may not play us because of how things went last week so that week may end up being open next year so 3 games between week 2, 5, 6, or 7 to fill unless districts change so do you all have any of those weeks to fill next year?

We likely wont add on to Bolles or Escambia which were 2 year deals that expire after this year and heard rumors Camden county may not play us because of how things went last week so that week may end up being open next year so 3 games between week 2, 5, 6, or 7 to fill unless districts change so do you all have any of those weeks to fill next year?

We will have a new slate of games next year our contracts are done

Welcome to the board Trelle.

Would love to see Cocoa and Vero play a home and away. Both are good teams and travel well, so It would be a great matchup.