ALL STATE FOOTBALL TEAMS

Ray Icaza

Would like to thank Josh for the effort required to compile this list of players for each classification.   Congrats to all the players selected as well as I am sure they are all deserving.  Our OHS Kowboys managed to place 3 players on 1st team, 4 players on 2nd team squad with an additional Honorable Mention.  That is a reflection of the quality team we fielded this year as in years past with the number of players that got in.  With that said, I do think that the one player that should have been on the 1st team list as opposed to the 2nd team list was John Walker.  He made 1st team last year as a junior and although playing a much tougher schedule this year than last he was even more dominating his senior year.  Yes, I am biased as I have showered him with praise on this forum for the last couple of years but this opinion seems to be shared by opposing coaches universally based on comments they have made in their local papers.   Be it from Rockledge, Mainland, Vero even Lakeland they not only believed he was the best DL they played against this year but some said the best they have "EVER" seen perform against their respective squads.   Also saw that a poll was supposed to be tabulated with the POY selections for offense, defense, as well as coach for each classification this weekend but have not seen it yet.  Curious what the status of that is. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Would like to thank Josh for the effort required to compile this list of players for each classification.   Congrats to all the players selected as well as I am sure they are all deserving.  Our OHS Kowboys managed to place 3 players on 1st team, 4 players on 2nd team squad with an additional Honorable Mention.  That is a reflection of the quality team we fielded this year as in years past with the number of players that got in.  With that said, I do think that the one player that should have been on the 1st team list as opposed to the 2nd team list was John Walker.  He made 1st team last year as a junior and although playing a much tougher schedule this year than last he was even more dominating his senior year.  Yes, I am biased as I have showered him with praise on this forum for the last couple of years but this opinion seems to be shared by opposing coaches universally based on comments they have made in their local papers.   Be it from Rockledge, Mainland, Vero even Lakeland they not only believed he was the best DL they played against this year but some said the best they have "EVER" seen perform against their respective squads.   Also saw that a poll was supposed to be tabulated with the POY selections for offense, defense, as well as coach for each classification this weekend but have not seen it yet.  Curious what the status of that is. 

Your coaching staff should be immensely proud of themselves for fielding one of the top defensive units in Florida last season. John Walker of Osceola was the best DT in the nation in the class of 2023. You could double team him and he would still get into the backfield, or at least create exceptionally favorable 1-on-1's for the other 3. UCF should consider themselves very blessed for having gotten him and he will almost certainly start as a true freshman. Can't wait to watch him play.

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Your coaching staff should be immensely proud of themselves for fielding one of the top defensive units in Florida last season. John Walker of Osceola was the best DT in the nation in the class of 2023. You could double team him and he would still get into the backfield, or at least create exceptionally favorable 1-on-1's for the other 3. UCF should consider themselves very blessed for having gotten him and he will almost certainly start as a true freshman. Can't wait to watch him play.

Correct, watching him perform in the Under Armour All-American game he seem to draw substantially more attention (double teams) from the opposing offensive line than Peter Woods, Kirby Collins, etc... which freed them up to make plays. I can't wait to see how he helps UCF as well.