4S ready to see a shakeup?

VeniceIndianFan

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

Very bad for the sport IMO. My senior year, we played at Lake Wales. Lake Wales was probably the top dawg in Polk county the first half of the 1990s. It was a bit scary playing them on the road, and they won fairly decisively. It was on the verge of being a blowout, closing at 26-14. Now, Lakeland just took the best player from Lake Wales' 2024 class, 2025 class and 2026 class...right after they went 15-0 and won state. It's WILD.

WILD, but going on for a WHILE:lol:

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

It also needs to be pointed out that there is now a trend of families picking up and moving across the state, or to other states, to play football. The "legitimate move" question is thus answered in the affirmative! I can assure you Jaydyn Glasser, Zander Smith, Stacy Gage etc really have moved to Venice, Lakeland and Fort Lauderdale! The kids from California that now play for Miami Central really do live in Miami now! But, the effect of building super teams is definitely enhanced with those guys making the move. 

But did they really "MOVE", or is their term "where I STAY" more appropriate?

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

Just a timely reminder that, in many respects, FHSAA's hands are tied on this issue.   The state legislature has enacted laws that essentially keep the FHSAA from restricting transfers.  Any efforts that the FHSAA might make to hinder or delay free transfer for all students (including athletes) - such as sitting out for one year or examining the intent of the move - likely would jeopardize the FHSAA's already fragile relationship with its primary funding source (i.e., the State).   And without getting all political here, if you have state leadership that has shown a willingness to take on multi-million dollar companies over philosophical issues, is there any doubt they would be willing to pull the plug on the FHSAA completely should the FHSAA ignore the state mandates on transferring?   I don't think so. 

So, most everyone agrees we've got a problem.  How can the FHSAA step in and solve the problem without putting its very corporate life in danger?  Tweaking the classifications (numbers/sizes/etc.) might be a start, but that won't solve the transfer issue in my opinion.  What can be done? 

Not to get political, but of course you infuse politics like you always do, Pinstripes. 

31 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Kissimmee Osceola will NOT have a down season! You heard it from me first, they will get out of their region again! 

Well, a good sign is the coaching staff is intact and has been working hard this first week of practice with the ONE exception (Chad).   Don't know the why in his case, but if I were a betting man (which I am not), my prediction when he came is he would be heavily involved for the time his two boys were here.  Bo graduated in May and is in NJ playing for Rutgers, while the elder son is in NC @ Cambell.  No one can fault him for putting his family first and following their progress.  Whatever the reason, he did a good job while here and will be missed but just like the players, "Coaches also change but expectations don't".