Vero Beach has the weakest first half schedule on the Treasure Coast

Floridatech

No way we are similar communities, Lake City is a country ass town while Vero is a beach city to waaaay different cities.

Vero Beach calling Lake City a "country ass town" LOL

I have been to Vero Beach and it is is no Metropolis... 

According to Wikpedia:

2015 Estimated Census:

Vero Beach 15K, Metro area 130K

The racial makeup of the city was 87.5% White, 4.8% Black, 0.30%Native American, 1.8% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 3.7% from other races, and 1.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.7% of the population.

Lake City 12K, Metro area 67K

The racial makeup of the city is 56.6% White, 37.3% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.6% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 0.9% from other races, and 2.7% from two or more races. 5.4% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Only main differences to me is Vero Beach and the extended area are a little more populated and there is different racial makeup of the cities....Vero Beach having much more Caucasians proportionately and Lake City having much more African Americans proportionately...Geographically, Vero Beach is a community on the coast while Lake City is inland and lies next to a lake.

Vero Beach calling Lake City a "country ass town" LOL

I have been to Vero Beach and it is is no Metropolis...

According to Wikpedia:

2015 Estimated Census:

Vero Beach 15K, Metro area 130K

The racial makeup of the city was 87.5% White, 4.8% Black, 0.30%Native American, 1.8% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 3.7% from other races, and 1.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.7% of the population.

Lake City 12K, Metro area 67K

The racial makeup of the city is 56.6% White, 37.3% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.6% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 0.9% from other races, and 2.7% from two or more races. 5.4% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Only main differences to me is Vero Beach and the extended area are a little more populated and there is different racial makeup of the cities....Vero Beach having much more Caucasians proportionately and Lake City having much more African Americans proportionately...Geographically, Vero Beach is a community on the coast while Lake City is inland and lies next to a lake.

We have waaaaay more tourist who want to come to this area and secondly our population is almost 150k not 130k i have family in Lake City and that shit is COUNTRY

Indian River's building permits is shooting through the roof like crazy and where i live at in the Florida Ridge-Oslo, we are gettin an I-95 interstate exit which means this shit down here will be even more heavily populated with more commercial and housing development all this i have said is enough to scare old retirees away from this county

And look at this:

Downtown Vero Beach photos:

53119117.35.jpg

and Main Street on a Friday night:

DowntownFridayWEB.png

Sorry, I was talking more about the present....not future building plans.

Vero Beach has the feel of a town - not city.   The smallest town/city in Broward is Parkland.  The population is DOUBLE that of Vero Beach in a much more concentrated area.

I think darter ment we are similar when it comes to massive community support but that where the similarities end

Lake city is a country area with tons of backwoods and trees and swamps outside of city limits

Vero is a beach community

I think he did as well.  I have never been to Lake City but to me Vero Beach is a beach town more so than a city.  Lake City seems like a country town for sure.  To me they probably both have more of a "town" feel rather than "city" feel. Or perhaps just like you and Darter said - "communities" .

In terms of football teams they have made fairly similar runs in recent years if I am not mistaken though...

And look at this:

Downtown Vero Beach photos:

53119117.35.jpg

and Main Street on a Friday night:

DowntownFridayWEB.png

Sorry, I was talking more about the present....not future building plans.

Vero Beach has the feel of a town - not city. The smallest town/city in Broward is Parkland. The population is DOUBLE that of Vero Beach in a much more concentrated area.

I wouldn't argue about a town in Broward vs Vero shit Broward County is my POB in this aspect Your correct im from the city of Ft Lauderdale so i know what the Real City is but Vero is definitely coming up especially on the U.S 1 area with WaWas and Moes and other shit.

Actually alot of plans are coming into play right with building, THIS YEAR alone i have seen Vero and Indian River just build shit for no reason lol pretty soon we will be seeing another HS comin to this area.

Are we still good Broward :)

I think he did as well. I have never been to Lake City but to me Vero Beach is a beach town more so than a city. Lake City seems like a country town for sure. To me they probably both have more of a "town" feel rather than "city" feel. Or perhaps just like you and Darter said - "communities" .

In terms of football teams they have made fairly similar runs in recent years if I am not mistaken though...

Football wise Columbia and Vero seem to share a connection

That started in the 90s where we played 3 times in that decade and honestly I would like to see us play Vero again

We had Lincoln rivalry renewed

We had Bolles rivalry renewed

We had Buchholz rivalry renewed

Just seems like we can set up something like this and make a trip down memory lane and play Vero again

Football wise Columbia and Vero seem to share a connection

That started in the 90s where we played 3 times in that decade and honestly I would like to see us play Vero again

We had Lincoln rivalry renewed

We had Bolles rivalry renewed

We had Buchholz rivalry renewed

Just seems like we can set up something like this and make a trip down memory lane and play Vero again

It'll be my school vs my moms school

MAKE IT HAPPEN

I wouldn't argue about a town in Broward vs Vero shit Broward County is my POB in this aspect Your correct im from the city of Ft Lauderdale so i know what the Real City is but Vero is definitely coming up especially on the U.S 1 area with WaWas and Moes and other shit.

Actually alot of plans are coming into play right with building, THIS YEAR alone i have seen Vero and Indian River just build shit for no reason lol pretty soon we will be seeing another HS comin to this area.

Are we still good Broward :)

Of course.  All good FIT.  Next time I go to the outlets off of 95 up there, I'm going to give you a holla!

Of course. All good FIT. Next time I go to the outlets off of 95 up there, I'm going to give you a holla!

O yea same with me bro how long ago have you been here and one last article that show developments that are currently killing the "Beach Town" vibe.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.tcpalm.com/business/bargainista/new-restaurants-stores-coming-to-us-1-in-indian-river-2a56967c-625a-7dd6-e053-0100007f64cd-367436711.html&ved=0ahUKEwizwIHat9XPAhUHFR4KHTERCUkQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNGZMOrr6ewfwkYTO7S0j3A_CuF_dQ