Final MIAMI CENTRAL 13 VANGUARD 6

THIS_IS_DILLARD

23 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Bill Castle's kindness is why Venice gets to say they only lost by 7. Yet, Venice is happy to run no-huddle and throw the ball...during a running clock. I'm just contrasting the approach taken when the opponent has been defeated.

And you would have lost the game if not for a split-second touchdown at the end of the half that should have been a false start on Lakeland's left tackle. That game was NOT a blowout. 

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

how its fake if its in they hand & real? 

The person who gave that trophy to MC is as fake and shady as they come. Teams have to pay him in  different ways to get in his worthless poll. Lakeland won't play his 12 year old games so he hates them with a passion, just visit his crap site sometime and see how unprofessional he is calling them out and a few other programs also who won't let him do their marketing(at cost)

But I can promise you this,  the Dreadnaughts and their staff don't give AF about him or his low class way of doing business. Bill Castle made Lakeland a nationally ranked program in the 1980s.

Do the math, that's over 40 years ago when Joe Blow was still sucking his nanny breast.

And say what want but Max Preps, USA Today, Cal Preps, Prep Nation have 1000 times more credibility than Jersey Joe will ever have. He knows it and it eats him up.  

3 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

Bill Castle's kindness is why Venice gets to say they only lost by 7. 

More kindness than they deserve then and now. They will be screaming it was only a 7pt loss until Jesus returns. 

Pee-cock was on a 2023 media show recently still lying that Lakeland scored an illegal TD before the half to make the score 14-14. Yet he still doesn't talk about the "absolute fact" that the Dreadnaughts defense shutout his cry baby a$$ 7-0 in the 2nd half(Would have been 14-0 if Castle was a TOOL like he is) and held them to less than 75 total yards.

Lakeland had the best defense in Fla last season bar none. They gave up a total of ZERO 2nd half points over the last 2 months of the season. And that was against offenses like CAI, Kissimmee, ST Pete Lakewood, Lake Minneola, and Venice.

11 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

And you would have lost the game if not for a split-second touchdown at the end of the half that should have been a false start on Lakeland's left tackle. That game was NOT a blowout. 

Maybe Venice stood a better chance to win had they noticed Lakeland hurrying to run another play.  Instead, they never got properly set and got caught sleeping.

There was no false start sir!  Lakeland/Venice - tying touchdown before the half

The game may not have been a blowout on the scoreboard even though the stats tell a different story.  Lakeland still won! :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Maybe Venice stood a better chance to win had they noticed Lakeland hurrying to run another play.  Instead, they never got properly set and got caught sleeping.

There was no false start sir!  Lakeland/Venice - tying touchdown before the half

The game may not have been a blowout on the scoreboard even though the stats tell a different story.  Lakeland still won! :lol: 

Fair point. It looked like a false start in real time. But is Lakeland prepared to do it all again when Venice has their best offensive line, rb, and receiving room ever, their best secondary and most experienced linebacking corps ever, and a very strong defensive line once again? We shall see… 

22 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

MichaLee Harris knows Lakeland could've taken Northwestern. He said as much on Daily Deposits. But I know the fans won't acknowledge it. I figure the game against Norland is pointless. A Lakeland win won't be acknowledged. It'll be either they didn't deserve to win, or Norland is not any good. Dade folks will never, ever come out and be like "Man, you got us. You were the better team." :rolleyes:

Dont try to count out the game cause of fans, a fan’s opinion never meant nothing. This is just a cope cause you know friday polk county is in trouble. 

On 8/19/2023 at 3:30 PM, cribboy305 said:

My opinion on this game is central went there with nothing to prove, In most or all of Cents KOC’s over the years they only play starters first half & yes central treats they jv like a real squad. Other schools may push their jv to the waist side but Central’s jv is well coached as well as travels with varsity most times. Thats why you have about 5 starters who have been starting since freshman. Looking from the outside how can you question a method that has produced 9 rings? If it aint broke don’t fix it. 

This was just a practice game. Bishop Gorman has deceptive film to watch now of Central, which is good news for the Rockets. The real fireworks are coming out against Gorman! 

5 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

This was just a practice game. Bishop Gorman has deceptive film to watch now of Central, which is good news for the Rockets. The real fireworks are coming out against Gorman! 

I do think it's plausible that MC intentionally held back to make scouting harder for Gorman. But, I also think the lack of a blowout does reveal that MC isn't the world-beaters Dade folks would like us to believe. I do think my pick of a 42-24 BG win is a good one :D

13 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I do think it's plausible that MC intentionally held back to make scouting harder for Gorman. But, I also think the lack of a blowout does reveal that MC isn't the world-beaters Dade folks would like us to believe. I do think my pick of a 42-24 BG win is a good one :D

i call BULL!!! Let’s Stop with the excuses. At the end of the day central is loaded and so full of depth that even their 2nd & third string along side with their “PLAN B” playbook should have blows out vanguard PERIOD!! 

Central and a lot of other south Florida powerhouses have notoriously struggled with well coaches teams in state or out. It’s time we stop putting teams on this worldly unbeatable pedestal. 

Miami wasn’t “holding back” or “trying to throw bishop Gorman off” lmao like who the hell got time for all of that central was gonna have BG undivided attention no matter what regardless. 

only thing Friday showed is for one no matter how many transfers central got they can still very well get that ass tapped this year. 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

i call BULL!!! Let’s Stop with the excuses. At the end of the day central is loaded and so full of depth that even their 2nd & third string along side with their “PLAN B” playbook should have blows out vanguard PERIOD!! 

Central and a lot of other south Florida powerhouses have notoriously struggled with well coaches teams in state or out. It’s time we stop putting teams on this worldly unbeatable pedestal. 

Miami wasn’t “holding back” or “trying to throw bishop Gorman off” lmao like who the hell got time for all of that central was gonna have BG undivided attention no matter what regardless. 

only thing Friday showed is for one no matter how many transfers central got they can still very well get that ass tapped this year. 

calm down fam & let the season play out.  football aint as black & white like you talk about it, you think coaching dont make a difference? that matters & when you got yo oline coach calling plays it can be a ugly game like that. AJ was sick, so they went with seniority. Im sure you didn’t even watch the game, but if you did you would see that the defense played smashmouth football & regardless of the offensive side of the ball that defense is gone win them 90% of they games. Gorman included. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

calm down fam & let the season play out.  football aint as black & white like you talk about it, you think coaching dont make a difference? that matters & when you got yo oline coach calling plays it can be a ugly game like that. AJ was sick, so they went with seniority. Im sure you didn’t even watch the game, but if you did you would see that the defense played smashmouth football & regardless of the offensive side of the ball that defense is gone win them 90% of they games. Gorman included. 

I was at my own game so I didn’t watch it live but I most def rewatched it when I got home & I never said central didn’t play smash mouth defense nor did I say coaching didn’t make a diff. 

only thing I was telling some of the other posters stop with the excuses that, central played bad on purpose to throw off bishop Gorman with false film , as if Gorman haven’t played central twice b4. Central could’ve won by 80 last week and gorman still would’ve been ready come next week. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

Central got over 40 transfers and some posters on here started hailing the rockets as this unbeatable god! 

all that on paper don’t mean shii. I’m with u let the season play out one game at a time b4 we start throwing around unbeatable and “THE BEST EVER”

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Mostly agree. Gorman 42, Central 24.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Central got over 40 transfers and some posters on here started hailing the rockets as this unbeatable god! 

all that on paper don’t mean shii. I’m with u let the season play out one game at a time b4 we start throwing around unbeatable and “THE BEST EVER”

exactly, it can be alot on paper but it always has to transfer on field. I wanna see the hype myself

On 8/20/2023 at 1:57 AM, LakelandGator said:

More kindness than they deserve then and now. They will be screaming it was only a 7pt loss until Jesus returns. 

Pee-cock was on a 2023 media show recently still lying that Lakeland scored an illegal TD before the half to make the score 14-14. Yet he still doesn't talk about the "absolute fact" that the Dreadnaughts defense shutout his cry baby a$$ 7-0 in the 2nd half(Would have been 14-0 if Castle was a TOOL like he is) and held them to less than 75 total yards.

Lakeland had the best defense in Fla last season bar none. They gave up a total of ZERO 2nd half points over the last 2 months of the season. And that was against offenses like CAI, Kissimmee, ST Pete Lakewood, Lake Minneola, and Venice.

Whenever I see a new post from you I can be certain that it will contain no substance whatsoever. 

If they taught you how to read and spell underneath whatever rock you live under, you would know that his name is spelled, “Peacock,” not “Peecock.” In reading your posts it’s clear that you have something against Venice. I don’t particularly know why but I’m sure it’s beyond my grasp, because after all, “you’re a rocket scientist compared to me.” Which is funny considering that you can’t even speak English correctly while I speak both English and Spanish fluently and will soon be learning French. But sure, you’re a lot smarter than me! 

You get on this board and shovel lies and general animosity onto other teams and call them trash. Hell, I’ll even meet you halfway: Lakeland is a great team and Coach Castle is a great coach, arguably the best of all time at the high school level. It’s just a shame that their organization has to be associated with someone like you who makes the rest of their fanbase look look like clueless hacks who know nothing about the football world outside of Polk County.