23. Palmetto Miami (+1)

24. Lake Mary (-8)

25. Jax TC (-)

dropped out 

#12 Western

#14 MNW

#19 Naples

#23 Cardinal Newman

I have a beef with these rankings. You are ranking Apopka and Mainland (especially Apopka) way too high at this stage. We barely came back to beat Dr. Phillips which is a good team but which clearly has vulnerabilities. Also, you dropped Lake Mary too many spots after they came off a good win against a decent Oviedo team. 

At this stage Apopka should be in the mid-teens right behind Mainland with Lake Mary being somewhere around there, too. 

Just my ten cents. 

Couple explanations

It was mathematical impossible for STA to get the ball back, so Cocoa was obviously robbed of the win, but since I’m human and not a computer, the ranking reflects Cocoa winning the game. 

Vero took a tumble after Venice destroyed their only good win. A win that is said to have an asterisk. Lol. 

Mainland took a huge jump after being undervalued for a few weeks. Same with  Apopka, CCC and St Augustine. 

Lake Mary dropped far down without losing just because I might have ranked them higher off a knee jerk reaction. They are well coached and have talent, but they really haven’t done much so far compared to some other teams. Their schedule is brutal towards the end. So they will sink or swim during that time. 

Naples and C Newman didn’t really do much wrong, but teams with stronger cases got rewarded for good behavior. 

Western got thrown out for losing to Coconut Creek. Creek is a tough one. They hung in with a top GA team and and beat Western. Creek has Plantation coming up. It would be hard not to rank Creek for winning that one. Western has STA. If Creek wins, and Western plays STA close, then Creek could drag Western in the rankings with them. Lol 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I have a beef with these rankings. You are ranking Apopka and Mainland (especially Apopka) way too high at this stage. We barely came back to beat Dr. Phillips which is a good team but which clearly has vulnerabilities. Also, you dropped Lake Mary too many spots after they came off a good win against a decent Oviedo team. 

At this stage Apopka should be in the mid-teens right behind Mainland with Lake Mary being somewhere around there, too. 

Just my ten cents. 

Yeah but they beat West Orange and Ocoee, both who are highly regarded. Yes they don’t have an elite win, but they have 2 solid wins and a good win. At this stage not too many teams below them can make that case 

Week 4 schedule 

1. Chaminade vs #3 AHP

2. Miami Central vs Carol City

3. AHP vs #1 Chaminade 

4. Norland vs Pace

5. Cocoa - off 

6. Columbus #23 Palmetto 

7. STA vs Western

8. Treasure Coast vs Martin County

9. Seminole vs Evans

10. BTW vs LaSalle

11. Apopka - off

12. Armwood - off

13. Mainland vs Raines

14. Edgewater vs #21 Jones

15. Vero Beach vs Westwood

16. Lakeland vs Osceola 

17. CCC vs Clearwater

18. St Augustine vs Menendez

19. Cardinal Gibbons vs St P Northeast

20. Mandarin vs Atlantic Coast

21. Jones vs #14 Edgewater

22. Venice - off 

23. Palmetto Miami vs #6 Columbus

24. Lake Mary vs Lake Brantley 

25. Jax TC vs Bolles

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Couple explanations

It was mathematical impossible for STA to get the ball back, so Cocoa was obviously robbed of the win, but since I’m human and not a computer, the ranking reflects Cocoa winning the game. 

Vero took a tumble after Venice destroyed their only good win. A win that is said to have an asterisk. Lol. 

Mainland took a huge jump after being undervalued for a few weeks. Same with  Apopka, CCC and St Augustine. 

Lake Mary dropped far down without losing just because I might have ranked them higher off a knee jerk reaction. They are well coached and have talent, but they really haven’t done much so far compared to some other teams. Their schedule is brutal towards the end. So they will sink or swim during that time. 

Naples and C Newman didn’t really do much wrong, but teams with stronger cases got rewarded for good behavior. 

Western got thrown out for losing to Coconut Creek. Creek is a tough one. They hung in with a top GA team and and beat Western. Creek has Plantation coming up. It would be hard not to rank Creek for winning that one. Western has STA. If Creek wins, and Western plays STA close, then Creek could drag Western in the rankings with them. Lol 

To an extent, Lake Mary reminds me of 2012 Apopka, in that they have the ability to score often against most teams in the state and would likely find the end zone against all teams in Florida. Unfortunately, their defense, while okay against most teams, is likely to give up a lot of points against state caliber teams. Thus, for example, the basketball score win against Dp.

If they can beat Seminole and Apopka and take the district, their stock should, deservedly, rise a lot higher. Given their defensive lapses, I feel at this stage of the season Apopka would score about 28 points against their defense. Would that be enough to win? That's a very good question which will be answered with the passage of time. 

4 minutes ago, Jullian said:

1. Cham

2. Central

3. Norland

4. AHP

5. Cocoa

6. Columbus

7. BTW

8. Treasure Coast

9. STA

10. Armwood 

11. Mainland

12. Seminole

13. Mia Palmetto

14. Homestead

15. Apopka

16. Edgewater 

17. Lakeland

18. Venice

19. Vero

20. Jones

21. Gibbons

22. CCC

23. Lake Mary

24. St Aug

25. Coconut Creek

With the exception of Lake Mary being underrated, I think your assessment is better than Nole's at this stage. 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Ok Apopka is unranked. I’ll put Colonial in their place. Lol

Naw even with our offensive issues, we would beat Colonial with a running clock beginning at the start of or very early in the third quarter. In 25 seasons of watching high school football in the Orlando area, Colonial has fielded one good team which went 7-3 and barely missed the playoffs. That team, BTW, had a player named Elliott, I believe, that eventually worked his way into an NFL roster. The current Colonial team is bad even by Colonial standards. 

Apopka deserves to be ranked but somewhere in the mid teens at this stage. Come back to me in three weeks, and I may be singing a different tune (one way or the other) depending on the outcomes of the Edgewater and Seminole games. 

1 hour ago, Vero Indian said:

Then we gotta do the dirty thirt.....

Side note: Delray Atlantic has the chance to beat Newman and Santaluces, other two teams in PBC that are hot 

I was debating Delray Atlantic really closely. Lincoln was right there too. I was debating whether to take Jax TC out for Atlantic due to the fact that Atlantic has a much better win than TC does so far. This week was the hardest for sure 

21 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I was debating Delray Atlantic really closely. Lincoln was right there too. I was debating whether to take Jax TC out for Atlantic due to the fact that Atlantic has a much better win than TC does so far. This week was the hardest for sure 

TCA would beat ATL in a game I believe 

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Couple explanations

You are getting good at this. I probably would have STA and Cocoa tied at 5 since they played so close and I don't feel like Cocoa really lost on the field or that STA won. The STA Refs should be moved to the bottom of the entire national HS rankings for Refs even though I'm sure there are worse Refs in HS football... 

On 9/10/2023 at 7:37 AM, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. Miami Central (-)

3. AHP (-)

4. Norland (-)

5. Cocoa (+3)

6. Columbus (-)

7. STA (-2)

8. Treasure Coast (-1)

9. Seminole (-)

10. BTW (+1)

11. Apopka (+6)