BTW UP TWO SCORES ON NORLAND

cribboy305

And Cocoa didn’t beat STA. I already posted 2 videos of teams losing the game while they were in victory formation. 

Either way Cocoa and STA are very close. I do believe STA would have beaten 2-3 Jones by more than 2 points though. And I think they would have been up by more than 14-0 at half against a team like Eau Gallie. 

Either way both are favored to win out and win state 

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I actually picked booker t Washington to win this game. It’s unfortunate their qb went down , without that happening I have no doubt that booker t would have won. 

even still booker t had the opportunity to win the game late. But a missed field goal in the 1st qt & late game special team mishaps is what gave the Vikings great field position for the final score that gave them the one point lead. 

As For Miami norland their obviously a very good team, but in their first real test of the season they were having a lot of problems with this booker t defense & that doesn’t bolds well for a team with aspirations of taking the crown from Miami central. Was a great game tho. I can’t wait for a possible rematch with these two or BTW & MC. 

This is also good trolling. Totally false, but that's what makes it such high quality trolling.

2 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

I'm a little hungover. Still, having unbeaten Cocoa not only below a team they beat on its own field, but in an entirely different (lower) tier is high quality trolling. 

8 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Unless i misread your comment above this morning, you said you plan to rank teams as I described in your next rankings. 

You misread it. When I did the rankings, I bumped AHP and STA over Norland. They are playing at the same level as Norland except they are playing way better teams. So bumped STA and AHP above them this week. And Norland finally gets a chance to flex their muscle and give people no doubt that they elite, and they can’t do it. They are still high ranked no doubt, but they just aren’t in the same caliber as the elite teams. Yet; beat Miami Central by 1 and we’ll talk 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And Cocoa didn’t beat STA. I already posted 2 videos of teams losing the game while they were in victory formation. 

Either way Cocoa and STA are very close. I do believe STA would have beaten 2-3 Jones by more than 2 points though. And I think they would have been up by more than 14-0 at half against a team like Eau Gallie. 

Either way both are favored to win out and win state 

Ahhahaha. I knew it! A halftime score you deem to be inusfficient in a three-TD win over a team with no other losses matters more to you than defeating STA on its own field. Cocoa defeated STA. There is no question about it. Even the officials association responsible for the game admitted as much. Of course, you didn't anticipate that happening, and so you just pretend like it didn't happen. 

20 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

This is also good trolling. Totally false, but that's what makes it such high quality trolling.

Lakeland was a good win for them, but they gave up 34 and then didn’t play another soul all year. Hell Lakeland hasn’t scored 34 all year and that’s against inferior opponents. I know Norland has an offense, but when they run into a team that can match them a try elite for athlete they are gonna get in trouble. 

Can’t wait for Norland vs MC. It will be the first test of the season for Norland :P

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

You misread it. When I did the rankings, I bumped AHP and STA over Norland. They are playing at the same level as Norland except they are playing way better teams. So bumped STA and AHP above them this week. And Norland finally gets a chance to flex their muscle and give people no doubt that they elite, and they can’t do it. They are still high ranked no doubt, but they just aren’t in the same caliber as the elite teams. Yet; beat Miami Central by 1 and we’ll talk 

As Ray pointed out, it is illogical to say Norland must beat Central...in order to be ahead of twice-beaten STA. 

5 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

When I say first real test, that wasn’t to discredit Lakeland in anyway bro. Lakeland is a very good team as well. With that Lakeland game everyone full on expected norland to win that game. The only thing that was in question was in what type of fashion. Close or blowout, which it turned out to be a double digit win for norland but a great game to say the least. 

But this booker t matchup was not only personal, but also had playoff implications being that they both our in the same district. (2M).

7 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Ahhahaha. I knew it! A halftime score you deem to be inusfficient in a three-TD win over a team with no other losses matters more to you than defeating STA on its own field. Cocoa defeated STA. There is no question about it. Even the officials association responsible for the game admitted as much. Of course, you didn't anticipate that happening, and so you just pretend like it didn't happen. 

Caught you. Now I know you are either ignorant, trolling or both “No other losses” what the heck does have to do with anything when all they played is bad and Inferior competition? You just look at records and think teams are better. Let me guess you had St Cloud over Osceola. You probably think Titusville is better than Miami Central. And you still don’t get it. You can be ranked above a team that beat you. It’s why Seminole is allowed to be ranked ahead of Treasure Coast 

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

Lakeland was a good win for them, but they gave up 34 and then didn’t play another soul all year. Hell Lakeland scored 34 all year and that’s against inferior opponents. I know Norland has an offense, but when they run into a team that can match them a try elite for athlete they are gonna get in trouble. 

Can’t wait for Norland vs MC. It will be the first test of the season for Norland :P

Lakeland is a weird team this season. They have a strong passing attack, which they haven't really had in over 30 years. But, between inexperience, injuries, lack of talent up front and loaded boxes, they haven't been a good running team. But, they've tried to run the ball when they aren't really threatened, mostly to no avail, often against defenses with everyone within 5 yards of the LOS. This has kept scores down against inferior teams. They knew to give up the ground game against Norland and SJP, so they used their passing game to do better than the results against inferior competition suggests. 

Point is, you put too much stock into outcomes (and even partial outcomes) for teams in games where they aren't threatened by the opponent. I'd bet that Cocoa had a different approach vs. Eau Gallie than they had vs. STA: Eau Gallie wasn't really a threat to win, so they could experiment some, as well as hold some things back.

Just now, Longtime Observer said:

Lakeland is a weird team this season. They have a strong passing attack, which they haven't really had in over 30 years. But, between inexperience, injuries, lack of talent up front and loaded boxes, they haven't been a good running team. But, they've tried to run the ball when they aren't really threatened, mostly to no avail, often against defenses with everyone within 5 yards of the LOS. This has kept scores down against inferior teams. They knew to give up the ground game against Norland and SJP, so they used their passing game to do better than the results against inferior competition suggests. 

Point is, you put too much stock into outcomes (and even partial outcomes) for teams in games where they aren't threatened by the opponent. I'd bet that Cocoa had a different approach vs. Eau Gallie than they had vs. STA: Eau Gallie wasn't really a threat to win, so they could experiment some, as well as hold some things back.

But even if you are toying with an inferior team, you should still be able to dominate them. I don’t think coaches say let’s go play half ass and get in a dog fight with a team that looks at us like their Super Bowl 

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

When I say first real test, that wasn’t to discredit Lakeland in anyway bro. Lakeland is a very good team as well. With that Lakeland game everyone full on expected norland to win that game. The only thing that was in question was in what type of fashion. Close or blowout, which it turned out to be a double digit win for norland but a great game to say the least. 

But this booker t matchup was not only personal, but also had playoff implications being that they both our in the same district. (2M).

Norland is obviously a team folks think less of historically. But, what many forget is that Norland and Carol City compete for the same players. Carol City is the traditional power, because they've usually ended up with the lion's share of the best players. But, as we can see with the 66-0 win this season, all of the best players in that area are at Norland this year. So, this Norland team is more akin to the better Carol City teams. If you simply switched the rosters, and called this collection of players at Norland "Carol City", they'd be the top-ranked team in Dade. And people would be explaining away the narrow win over BTW, instead of the other way around.

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Caught you. Now I know you are either ignorant, trolling or both “No other losses” what the heck does have to do with anything when all they played is bad and Inferior competition? You just look at records and think teams are better. Let me guess you had St Cloud over Osceola. You probably think Titusville is better than Miami Central. And you still don’t get it. You can be ranked above a team that beat you. It’s why Seminole is allowed to be ranked ahead of Treasure Coast 

I think none of the above. The prevailing point is you put too much stock into the scores of games at various points where the winning team wasn't really threatened.

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

But even if you are toying with an inferior team, you should still be able to dominate them. I don’t think coaches say let’s go play half ass and get in a dog fight with a team that looks at us like their Super Bowl 

Eh, oftentimes the team in question DID dominate the game if you watch it. But, when you hold some things back on purpose, maybe sit some good players to rest them, deal with officials who almost always cheat the perceived favorite, and have teenagers who may not be fully engaged, the score isn't always the mega-blowout you want.

If the team in question loses or nearly loses, you can ding them some. But, I don't really see how Cocoa nearly lost to Eau Gallie. The more experienced, more serious rankers know not to read so much into easy wins that aren't super duper huge margins. But, maybe those folks don't get as much engagement on message boards as the trolls do. :P

7 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

I think none of the above. The prevailing point is you put too much stock into the scores of games at various points where the winning team wasn't really threatened.

There is only so much info someone can go by. Each week things can change. You have to analyze the info you have. So if a team struggles with an inferior team, you have to take that into account. 

8 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Eh, oftentimes the team in question DID dominate the game if you watch it. But, when you hold some things back on purpose, maybe sit some good players to rest them, deal with officials who almost always cheat the perceived favorite, and have teenagers who may not be fully engaged, the score isn't always the mega-blowout you want.

If the team in question loses or nearly loses, you can ding them some. But, I don't really see how Cocoa nearly lost to Eau Gallie. The more experienced, more serious rankers know not to read so much into easy wins that aren't super duper huge margins. But, maybe those folks don't get as much engagement on message boards as the trolls do. :P

If you think Cocoa was holding back against a county rival who thinks they are good cuz they are 5-0 then you are sadly mistaken 

36 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

There is only so much info someone can go by. Each week things can change. You have to analyze the info you have. So if a team struggles with an inferior team, you have to take that into account. 

"struggles" is the operative term. A three-TD win in a game where you never trailed isn't really a struggle. Especially if plays and/or players were held out. 

31 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

If you think Cocoa was holding back against a county rival who thinks they are good cuz they are 5-0 then you are sadly mistaken 

I'm sure they prepared and played to win. But, once you're on the field and watching the various match ups, and can see an obvious talent disparity, it's easy to relax and/or hold back. Not to mention the fact that Cocoa is Eau Gallie's Super Bowl, while Eau Gallie is just a local team with a funny name to Cocoa.

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

See this why it be hard to respect opinions from ppl who dont know whats goin on down here. BTW Is a legit squad.. its just cause they sandwiched between Cent & Norland you doing the same thing the fans do, counting them out. Same team had central back against the wall this very year. Now What two teams on AHP or STA schedules are better than Booker t or Norland minus Sjb?

How do we constantly reward STA for doing nothing?? Heritage also hasn’t beat nobody serious yet either.. I get they may get the benefit of the doubt cause of history so that’s understandable but reality is they haven’t done much better at solidifying elite status, just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

See this why it be hard to respect opinions from ppl who dont know whats goin on down here. BTW Is a legit squad.. its just cause they sandwiched between Cent & Norland you doing the same thing the fans do, counting them out. Same team had central back against the wall this very year. Now What two teams on AHP or STA schedules are better than Booker t or Norland minus Sjb?

How do we constantly reward STA for doing nothing?? Heritage also hasn’t beat nobody serious yet either.. I get they may get the benefit of the doubt cause of history so that’s understandable but reality is they haven’t done much better at solidifying elite status, just my opinion.

They have been in my state top 15 all year long. So how am I “counting them out”???

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

Norland is obviously a team folks think less of historically. But, what many forget is that Norland and Carol City compete for the same players. Carol City is the traditional power, because they've usually ended up with the lion's share of the best players. But, as we can see with the 66-0 win this season, all of the best players in that area are at Norland this year. So, this Norland team is more akin to the better Carol City teams. If you simply switched the rosters, and called this collection of players at Norland "Carol City", they'd be the top-ranked team in Dade. And people would be explaining away the narrow win over BTW, instead of the other way around.

Nail on the head. Norland is historically a basketball school, CC is the football power and yes if it was CC rather than Norland it wouldn’t of been so much slander. 

What alot of ppl dont understand about these matchups are that these are real rivalries. Norland to BTW is a 20 minute drive, Straight shot down 95. You will hardly ever see a blowout wen both teams are good & the fact that norland was able to come back from 19-7 in the 4th against this BTW is ELITE! & Btw shouldn’t be punished for losing this game, it could have easily gone either way. 

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

They have been in my state top 15 all year long. So how am I “counting them out”???

When you feel as if teams like norland and central are just gonna rag doll BTW. Thats what I mean, Heritage was getting drug by the neck by this same BTW team til the game was called. I was there. 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The 3 wins for Booker T have a combined record of 3-14!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they are being ranked only and I mean ONLY on the account that they didn’t get blown out by MC and now Norland. 

Ahhh see this was my mistake. I thought you were ranking teams based how good they actually were & the onfield product. My bad.