22. Cardinal Newman (-2)

23. Jesuit (+2)

24. Armwood (-)

25. Palm Beach Central (NR)

out 

#22 Bishop Verot 

#23 Benjamin 

Couple notes. 

I dropped MC due to the fact that we’re in a dog fight to the very end against a now 2-5 team that came into the game with 3 double digit losses. I don’t but the rivalry angle. Plenty of teams blow out their rivals every year and no one says a word. But when the game is close they use it as a built in excuse. 

Also I shot Homestead all the way from unranked to 14 for a few reasons. One I was hesitant to even have them ranked for losing the only good game they played and I didn’t feel like they should  be ranked under Columbus after beating them down. I know there are teams that can be ranked under teams they beat, but it just didn’t feel right at this exact moment. 

This weeks schedule 

1. Chaminade - off

2. AHP vs Stranahan 

3. STA vs Ft Lauderdale 

4. Cocoa vs Titusville

5. Miami Central vs #6 Norland 

6. Norland vs #5 Miami Central

7. Edgewater vs Ocoee

8. Lakeland vs Jenkins 

9. Mainland vs Deltona 

10. St Augustine - off 

11. CCC vs Cambridge Christian 

12. Booker T vs MNW

13. Venice vs Sarasota

14. Homestead vs Southridge

15. Columbus vs Doral Academy

16. Coconut Creek vs West Boca

17. Seminole vs Deland

18. Lake Mary vs Evans

19. Miami Palmetto vs South Dade

20. Treasure Coast vs Ft P Centrsl

21. Buchholz vs Oakleaf

22. Cardinal Newman vs St John Paul

23. Jesuit vs Gaither

24. Armwood vs Freedom

25. Palm Beach Central vs Forest Hill

Okay, so you have CCC ranked too high and Seminole and Lake Mary ranked too low. Aside from that, your current rankings are fine based on performance to date. I know Seminole got beat relatively badly by Cocoa. But through almost 3 quarters the score was 7-3 Cocoa. Their wheels fell off in the final 5/16 of the game. It seems Cocoa got hot right after their HBC got ejected. Go figure. 

You are all greatly underestimating Lake Mary at your own peril. They have a state title caliber offense. Yes, their D could be better, but it's not like it's bad. It's just substandard for a potential state finalist. 

31 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Okay, so you have CCC ranked too high and Seminole and Lake Mary ranked too low. Aside from that, your current rankings are fine based on performance to date. I know Seminole got beat relatively badly by Cocoa. But through almost 3 quarters the score was 7-3 Cocoa. Their wheels fell off in the final 5/16 of the game. It seems Cocoa got hot right after their HBC got ejected. Go figure. 

You are all greatly underestimating Lake Mary at your own peril. They have a state title caliber offense. Yes, their D could be better, but it's not like it's bad. It's just substandard for a potential state finalist. 

Who should I have Lake Mary ahead of?

1) Cham

2) Norland

3) Central

4) Cocoa

5)STA

6) Edge

7) AHP

8) BTW

9) Venice

10) Homestead 

11) Mainland 

12) Columbus

13) Seminole 

14) Palmetto 

15) Lakeland

16) Buchholtz 

17) TBT

18) CCC

19) NW

20) Lake Mary

21) Armwood 

22) C Creek

23) St Aug

24) Apopka

25) Treasure Coast 

Honorable Recognition: Heritage(Palm Bay). 

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You are both sleeping on Lake Mary. While I will be rooting for Mainland both because Dan's a friend, and because, I side with blue collar teams, my eyes tell me that for the first time in the school's 40+ year history it's going to the state championship game with what will likely be a 14-0 record. 

I think, given the fact that Mandarin is the only decent team they have played all year I have them ranked accordingly.

Where they are ranked now does not imply where I believe they might end up hypothetically at the end of the year. It’s a ranking of their résumé up to this point.

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You are both sleeping on Lake Mary. While I will be rooting for Mainland both because Dan's a friend, and because, I side with blue collar teams, my eyes tell me that for the first time in the school's 40+ year history it's going to the state championship game with what will likely be a 14-0 record. 

I might b, but I’m holding out till their last 3 games. They’ve scored at will against mediocre teams(in my opinion). I wanna see what that potent offense does vs Apopka, Seminole, & Mainland! Other than against your team, they’ll b underdogs??? 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

I might b, but I’m holding out till their last 3 games. They’ve scored at will against mediocre teams(in my opinion). I wanna see what that potent offense does vs Apopka, Seminole, & Mainland! Other than against your team, they’ll b underdogs??? 

They will be underdogs probably against Seminole. Last year, they beat Mainland comfortably. We  beat them twice. But it was a dogfight each time. And Grubbs is a year older and significantly better. 

I believe they will likely win against all three plus Evans this Friday. Hopefully, both you and @nolebull813 will see them for what they are this year despite not having a track record of deep playoff success.

And to be clear, I am not rooting for them, but I respect what they have. If my Darters are to have a shot at beating them, we will need to score a minimum of 35 against them and be back at full strength defensively. 

29 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They will be underdogs probably against Seminole. Last year, they beat Mainland comfortably. We  beat them twice. But it was a dogfight each time. And Grubbs is a year older and significantly better. 

I believe they will likely win against all three plus Evans this Friday. Hopefully, both you and @nolebull813 will see them for what they are this year despite not having a track record of deep playoff success.

And to be clear, I am not rooting for them, but I respect what they have. If my Darters are to have a shot at beating them, we will need to score a minimum of 35 against them and be back at full strength defensively. 

Really appreciate the info. Looking forward to those games. 
……the season going way too fast……

On 10/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. AHP (+1)

3. STA (+1)

4. Cocoa (+1)

5. Miami Central (-3)

6. Norland (-1)

7. Edgewater (+1)

8. Lakeland (+4)

9. Mainland (+1)

10. St Augustine (+1)

11. CCC (+2)

12. Booker T (+2)

13. Venice (+2)

14. Homestead (NR)

15. Columbus (-8)

16. Coconut Creek (+1)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Lake Mary (-)

19. Miami Palmetto (+3)

20. Treasure Coast (-1)

21. Buchholz (-5)

22. Cardinal Newman (-2)

23. Jesuit (+2)

24. Armwood (-)

out 

#22 Bishop Verot 

#23 Benjamin 

lakeland top 10 is crazy

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Who would I put instead of them and why? 

Booker t, & Homestead should be top 10 rn over lakeland. 

BTW simple because its proven they are formidable with the states best, as they had both central & norland on their heels til the 4th quarter. 

Homestead is the real deal baby, ik we all stopped believing after the palmetto game. Take a closer look you see how gelled than team is now compared to Week 1. Thats a well oiled machine when its running right & can very well dethrone STA. just my opinion

I’ll also add Venice to the mix as they’ve shown a better product lately  

On 10/8/2023 at 6:12 AM, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. AHP (+1)

3. STA (+1)

4. Cocoa (+1)

5. Miami Central (-3)

6. Norland (-1)

7. Edgewater (+1)

8. Lakeland (+4)

9. Mainland (+1)

10. St Augustine (+1)

11. CCC (+2)

12. Booker T (+2)

13. Venice (+2)

14. Homestead (NR)

15. Columbus (-8)

16. Coconut Creek (+1)

17. Seminole (-8)

18. Lake Mary (-)

19. Miami Palmetto (+3)

20. Treasure Coast (-1)

21. Buchholz (-5)

22. Cardinal Newman (-2)

23. Jesuit (+2)

24. Armwood (-)

out 

#22 Bishop Verot 

#23 Benjamin 

BTW should be in the top 7. Then, teams not in the top 7 should just be relegated to a second tier. Can't really distinguish between them at this time.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:39 AM, cribboy305 said:

lakeland top 10 is crazy

I'd have them below Norland, Central, BTW, Chaminade, AHP and Cocoa. I think that, beyond those six teams, the others are hard to distinguish between, and are just second or third tier. So, in a sense, I'm not saying they're top 10. I'd only say I am not sure threre are 10 teams who are definitively better.

21 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I'd have them below Norland, Central, BTW, Chaminade, AHP and Cocoa. I think that, beyond those six teams, the others are hard to distinguish between, and are just second or third tier. So, in a sense, I'm not saying they're top 10. I'd only say I am not sure threre are 10 teams who are definitively better.

I can respect that

12 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

With Norland beating Central, Lakeland now has a rightful claim for top 10 in the state. The top 7 should be the same as I said earlier, with the three Dade powers, Chaminade and AHP and Cocoa.

Looks like it was a good call that I dropped MC 3 spots before this game. And I have Lakeland top 10