1 S Championship Game - Trinity Catholic Celtics vs Cardinal Mooney Cougers

Proseteye

Everybody, except for a few folks, thought that the Celtic's season was over. Some people knew better. With a horrible season, where the Celics won only 3 games (1 of which was a forfeit) they have managed to win 3 straight playoff games, and by big scores. Go up to Tallahassee on Friday morning to play Cardinal Mooney. Celtics defeated last season's 1 S champion First Baptist in Naples this past Friday. First Baptist has one of the best QBs and receiving corp but they couldn't outplay or outscore Trinity. IMO the Celtics played a masterful game with discipline and no self inflicted mistakes and had a total of 3 interceptions off the hands of QB Crossan. The Celtics had 432 total yards of offense. This is not the Celtics' team that I witnessed in the beginning of the season and, if they play as well against the Cougars, they should have a good chance of coming back to Ocala with the champianship. 

46 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

This should be the semifinal game with the winner playing either Hawthorne or Madison County. 

Madison and Hawthorne are playing for the championship in 1R. Trinity and Cardinal Mooney are playing for the championship in 1S. I would like to see a final playoff between 1S and 1R. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/0rn28S-aEe6A0wqb9tl3hA/vIanMi-bEe6A0wqb9tl3hA/football-23/2023-fhsaa-football-state-championships-1-s.htm

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Madison and Hawthorne are playing for the championship in 1R. Trinity and Cardinal Mooney are playing for the championship in 1S. I would like to see a final playoff between 1S and 1R. 

https://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/0rn28S-aEe6A0wqb9tl3hA/vIanMi-bEe6A0wqb9tl3hA/football-23/2023-fhsaa-football-state-championships-1-s.htm

Me too. But classes at the top would make for some fun playoff games. 

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Everybody, except for a few folks, thought that the Celtic's season was over. Some people knew better. With a horrible season, where the Celics won only 3 games (1 of which was a forfeit) they have managed to win 3 straight playoff games, and by big scores. Go up to Tallahassee on Friday morning to play Cardinal Mooney. Celtics defeated last season's 1 S champion First Baptist in Naples this past Friday. First Baptist has one of the best QBs and receiving corp but they couldn't outplay or outscore Trinity. IMO the Celtics played a masterful game with discipline and no self inflicted mistakes and had a total of 3 interceptions off the hands of QB Crossan. The Celtics had 432 total yards of offense. This is not the Celtics' team that I witnessed in the beginning of the season and, if they play as well against the Cougars, they should have a good chance of coming back to Ocala with the champianship. 

Tough schedule paying off. The HC knew what was in front of him come playoffs.