Vanguard vs Lake Gibson meet again

james ricks

Yeah I couldn't be more proud of what this team accomplished this year, first regional final since 2010, team broke some school records along the way including record setting QB N'kosi Perry.. We should be back in contention next year though, junior QB Marquez Glover should fill in nicely next year and will be surrounded with a lot of returning playmakers on offense, hopefully we're back to stay for many years ahead

Wow, so Vanguard scored 13 in the first Q then 0 the rest of the game? I'm sure many didn't expect that after seeing the first quarter. Hats off to both teams. A little better game than I expected. Sounds like both defenses showed up. 

What do you all expect from the LG vs. Navarre game this coming week now? 

I never can get a good feel for the panhandle schools. 

Predictions?

Wow, so Vanguard scored 13 in the first Q then 0 the rest of the game? I'm sure many didn't expect that after seeing the first quarter. Hats off to both teams. A little better game than I expected. Sounds like both defenses showed up.

Predictions?

Navarre playing good lately and will be a tough test but considering it at Gibson that could be the deciding key but should be a dogfight

Predictions?

yeah both defenses showed up with both dominating, Vanguard was litterally moving the ball at will in the 1st half, had 2 turnovers inside the LG 20 yard line in the 2nd quarter, Vanguard wound up with 9 sacks on the night and carried a 283 to 112 yard advantage going to the 4th quarter. Lake Gibson defense took over the 2nd half, their offense was never able to sustain a good drive on the night, it's just Vanguards offense put their own defense in 2 bad situations late in the 4th with 2 turnovers inside their own 35 which proved to be the difference.. But no excuses from me goodluck to the braves next week

As far as the game against Navarre goes I don't really know what to expect their either, Navarre offense seems like a high scoring offense, they got to limit mistakes against that Gibson defense if they want to have a chance, that braves defense gets better and better as the game goes on, they were playing the 2nd half like it was the 1st quarter.. With Navarre being at home maybe it will help them and the long trip hurting Gibson I don't know we will have to see