Vanguard vs Lake Gibson meet again

james ricks

Anybody got any predictions and thoughts on this game? Gibson and Vanguard met the last week of the regular season over in Lakeland and it wasn't a good night for my high powered knights as they fell 35-14 and their first loss in the process. But the rematch is going to be at booster stadium the off campus home of the Vanguard Knights, can Vanguard close the gap and get it done to advance to their first state semifinal since 1994

Well based solely off the first meeting and myself having a chance to check out these LG Braves, I will have a hard time picking against them in this game. They play fast physical football and do all the little things right offensively and defensively. Their offense did sputter a bit against Armwood but did what they had to do when it mattered. Defense is extremely strong and has shown up all 11 games this year with a chip on their shoulder. I was very surprised to see the kind of players they have considering the amount of talent across town from them. They look like a team that is on a mission and gonna take a great game to knock them off. BUT with that being said, Vanguard without a doubt has guys who can beat them. They're extremely athletic obviously just based off their personnel and can beat anybody on any given night. Perry the QB can be a game changer but he needs to have some help along the way. I'm gonna say LG by 10, but it could be closer. Should be a fun one!

Hopefully the knights can reverse that regular season meeting this time around and get it done, I respect your opinion and everything though as you have seen the braves play this season, Vanguard hung around until the middle of the 3rd quarter of the regular season meeting before the wheels fell off and the braves definately probably had a lot to do with that as I listened on the radio and was unable to make the game.. But I'll be their on Friday night cheering my alma mater on. Hopefully it's a good one, going to have to play mistake free football to pull this one off

I wasn't able to see Vanguard play this year, but i have heard they play many guys both ways. Could have a large part to do with it because as I saw Lake Gibson play, they didn't have any guys going both ways and rotating guys every play almost so they seem to stay fresh. Could play a huge role in their success thus far. Good luck to Vanguard and LG both. Enjoy the game James Ricks! Keep us up to date on how it is going. 

I still have a hunch that Vanguard is a very good team. Hard to beat a good team twice in 3 weeks and this time it is in Vanguard's house. I think the Lake Gibson bubble could burst....The pressure is building.

Hmm I agree

I've actually switched back and forth on the pickems over this game

I'll probley switch again tomorrow lol

This game gonna be a last possession game

I can feel it

Hmm I agree

I've actually switched back and forth on the pickems over this game

I'll probley switch again tomorrow lol

This game gonna be a last possession game

I can feel it

I wouldn't agree with me on this LOL...Lake Gibson has made me look like a fool the last few weeks!  To be honest if they were playing another team from the Region other than Vanguard or Armwood, I would pick them.  It is when you play that  same team (close to your level) in a 3 week cycle thing that is throwing me off.

Should Lake Gibson win, that "team of destiny" thing would be getting really hard to deny....

I wouldn't agree with me on this LOL...Lake Gibson has made me look like a fool the last few weeks! To be honest if they were playing another team from the Region other than Vanguard or Armwood, I would pick them. It is when you play that same team (close to your level) in a 3 week cycle thing that is throwing me off.

Should Lake Gibson win, that "team of destiny" thing would be getting really hard to deny....

I ment I agree on this game being hard to gauge

Vanguard lost 3 weeks ago but is still a solid team and now vanguard plays at home against lake Gibson so different venue against a team that has something to prove but lake Gibson has proven to a lot on this board to be legit esspecially by knocking off the defending 3 time 6a north champs last week

Its a game that odds are I will be wrong whichever way I pick and would be better off just flipping a coin to decide because this honestly might be the best game in 6a this week

I wasn't able to see Vanguard play this year, but i have heard they play many guys both ways. Could have a large part to do with it because as I saw Lake Gibson play, they didn't have any guys going both ways and rotating guys every play almost so they seem to stay fresh. Could play a huge role in their success thus far. Good luck to Vanguard and LG both. Enjoy the game James Ricks! Keep us up to date on how it is going.

will do, probably will get on between quarters when I'm not up their in the stands yelling my lungs out lol

I was very surprised to see the kind of players they have considering the amount of talent across town from them.

Don't be surprised. Lakeland, Kathleen and LG tend to pull from the same talent rich areas regarding football. Lakeland gets the credit because of the program's championships and dominance over the decades. That reputation tends to overshadow other programs that have the same caliber talent and sometimes more of it.

One hell of a game out their tonight, defenses showed up big time for both teams throughout the contest, The Vanguard offense put the defense in a whole a few times late in the 4th and that proved to be the difference in the ball game, but not taking anything away from the braves they fought all the way through and never gave up after being down 13-0 entering the 4th, that's what great teams do we had our chances but just came up a little bit short