TCJax vs Berkeley Prep 3A

TCMan

Any thoughts on this game..?   Berkeley had an impressive win against Tampa Catholic and will be visiting the Conquerors this Friday night in the final four of 3A.  Looks like a lot of their offense runs through their senior RB but I don't really know much about them.  TCJax seems to be playing well and was able to rest a number of starters on Friday against Florida High.  Looking forward to this one !

Any thoughts on this game..?   Berkeley had an impressive win against Tampa Catholic and will be visiting the Conquerors this Friday night in the final four of 3A.  Looks like a lot of their offense runs through their senior RB but I don't really know much about them.  TCJax seems to be playing well and was able to rest a number of starters on Friday against Florida High.  Looking forward to this one !

From what I gather, Berkeley Prep loves pound the rock.  They have rushed for nearly 600 yards and have only thrown the ball 12 times in the last 2 games.  They better hope they can run the ball on TCA.  If TCA gets a 2-3 score lead on the Buccaneers it could get ugly.

Berkeley Prep has a very, very good QB in Davis Koetter who is the son of Tampa Bay Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter. Berkeley Prep plays sound defense and has a strong running attack. The issue is if Berkeley Prep falls behind, they aren't really a big play offense, but they'll frustrate JaxTCA is JaxTCA lets the Bucs pick up first downs.  Dom Ciao, the head coach for Berkeley Prep is one of the most respected and loved coaches in the history of the Tampa Bay area.  I agree that JaxTCA will win, but Berkeley Prep is a very well coached team playing with house money.

Berkeley Prep has a very, very good QB in Davis Koetter who is the son of Tampa Bay Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter. Berkeley Prep plays sound defense and has a strong running attack. The issue is if Berkeley Prep falls behind, they aren't really a big play offense, but they'll frustrate JaxTCA is JaxTCA lets the Bucs pick up first downs. Dom Ciao, the head coach for Berkeley Prep is one of the most respected and loved coaches in the history of the Tampa Bay area. I agree that JaxTCA will win, but Berkeley Prep is a very well coached team playing with house money.

What chances of a upset?

It will be interesting to see this one play out on Friday night.  TCJax is historically pretty stout against a run first team, which is what Berkeley appears to be from info on this board. However, it looks as if they pass well when the situation calls for the passing game. Jess.... I read up on their coach and he appears to be a coach that is able to motivate, game plan and get his players to believe in the plan. From a scouting report interview posted this week, Berkeley players were interviewed and, after watching film of TCJax,  feel good about holding up against the TCJax passing attack, and feel they will be able to get to the TCJax QB for sacks.  My take on this game is this:  I just wonder how BP will hold up to the speed of the TCJax on both offense and defense. This may not be the biggest TCJax team of the past few years, but they are really quick on both sides of the ball. Should be a good one between two good teams ! 

I think the athletic comparison between the two teams will be something to watch Friday night as well. However, TCJax has a great coaching staff in their own right. In fact, I think it's one of the top staffs in the state. Coach V has a record at TCJax of around 253-64, 6 State titles, 16 District titles and 13 Regional Championships. The Conquerors have 2 former NFL players as offensive and defensive coordinators ( one played at Florida and the other at FSU - should be a fun weekend for them). It's a good staff without question. Should be a good one Friday night as I'm sure BP will be ready to try and make history for their school and coach !