Columbia soccer

DisabledAccount

if you want to translate it that way then fine with me, lol

i wasent trying to make any crazy guarantee, i just found it funny how we were just casually talking and you first to jump in and make a prediction

and i might have misphrased what i said

you didnt accually say either 6a north or lake gibson game was a lock but at no point did i ever hear you say you expected armwood to lose to lake gibson or that armwood would lose to a 6a north team in playoffs, in fact i only mentioned the lake gibson part because i thought that might have been the funniest playoff run as of late since you basically picked them to lose every big game they played and they somehow kept winning lol

it was almost like you were jinxing every oppenent they had, wonder how it would go if you had picked lake gibson in any of those games :D 

;)

but in all seriousness i dont think we will beat them but i would like to hope we can somehow because IF we could we would have a good chance to make our first state apperance in soccer

Columbia, in Jamaica we say "the ball is round" when referring to any given soccer game. Translation: on any given night, any team can win. Will Columbia beat Fleming Island in a rematch? The odds don't favor it and you would be stupid to take a bet without a decent spread. Does this guarantee that that you lose to them in the playoffs? Absolutely not. 

Until the final whistle is blown you have a chance. Good luck the rest of the way. Even if you don't get out of district play, the team has had a good year. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that. But you have proven that you can win. That is half the battle. Soccer (football) was the second most popular sport in Jamaica next to track. At the schoolboy level, our standard was pretty good. Unfortunately, you could not make a living out of it (unless you migrated to England like John Barnes), so where it mattered (World Cup qualifiers), we did not have what it took (only made the World Cup once in many tries). But a good district game back when I was a boy would draw 5,000+ fans easily. So it was pretty exciting stuff. 

As a result, i have never lost my love for the sport even after all these years. 

• 2 weeks later...