Future is bright

Sharkbait

I am constantly hearing people bash the "younger" generation and lamenting about the future of our Country.  I am pleased to know a good number of fine upstanding young men here in our area that gives me a lot of hope for the future.  I am also very pleased to say that in traveling to various football camps around the state that it is not just my town but everywhere I go that these great young men can be found.  The majority of the boys are hard working, well mannered, and respectful.  Parents, coaches, and teachers look to be doing a fine job in molding our future leaders.  Whether the kids are from Port St Joe or Miami most of them seem to be of great character, it doesn't matter their race or religion.  I know the media likes to show examples of our young men when they make mistakes but that is not a true representation of what is out there.  I know this is a little off topic but I truly believe that the commitment that it takes to play football has a big part in building these young men's character.  Let's not be afraid to praise these young men and give whatever time we can. The future is indeed bright.

It's our mainstream news media trolling for stories that sell. Decent kids don't sell and is not sensational enough. The drug dealer, rapist, murderer, and rioters, get all of the attention. Slants the way people think when all they get is that crap every five minutes. There are 330 million people in this country. Most of them are good people. Maybe 5% are not. But that 5% gets all of the attention because it sells advertiser's products. I have worked and lived in many countries. Americans are still the most polite and decent people who follow the rules and really care about other people's well being. I find that we Americans are too critical of ourselves and are our own worst critics.

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

It's our mainstream news media trolling for stories that sell. Decent kids don't sell and is not sensational enough. The drug dealer, rapist, murderer, and rioters, get all of the attention. Slants the way people think when all they get is that crap every five minutes. There are 330 million people in this country. Most of them are good people. Maybe 5% are not. But that 5% gets all of the attention because it sells advertiser's products. I have worked and lived in many countries. Americans are still the most polite and decent people who follow the rules and really care about other people's well being. I find that we Americans are too critical of ourselves and are our own worst critics.

I agree with most of what you said but I'm not gonna say Americans are the most polite and follows the rules all the time.. Only when it matters to them...