North Marion 8 - Trinity Christian 7

Proseteye

The 5A Colts made the long drive up to Jacksonville to take on the 5A Crusaders in a KO Classic. The Colts came out on top 8 - 7. I don't think that the Colts are going to be that good this year and possibly neither are the Crusaders. Maybe the jump from 3A to 5A may be a challenge for TCA.  However, it's only a preseason game and doesn't mean much. Don't know whether the weather affected the Jax area, either.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

The 5A Colts made the long drive up to Jacksonville to take on the 5A Crusaders in a KO Classic. The Colts came out on top 8 - 7. I don't think that the Colts are going to be that good this year and possibly neither are the Crusaders. Maybe the jump from 3A to 5A may be a challenge for TCA.  However, it's only a preseason game and doesn't mean much. Don't know whether the weather affected the Jax area, either.

Honestly I don't think this game shows how good TCA may be this season. Didn't they lose big in last season's KOC

5 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Honestly I don't think this game shows how good TCA may be this season. Didn't they lose big in last season's KOC

That is why I added "it's only a preseason game and doesn't mean much". That being said IMO competition in 5A will be much more difficult than it was in 3A so I would not expect TCA to be a shoo in in that classification. 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

That is why I added "it's only a preseason game and doesn't mean much". That being said IMO competition in 5A will be much more difficult than it was in 3A so I would not expect TCA to be a shoo in in that classification. 

True but they are a threat 

TCA is a small private school, maybe 650 students. They can't just keep re loading year in a year out. I remember the years when TCA was just an average team not even near the best team around. They lost to teams like Newberry, Episcopal, P.K. Yong, Victory Christian and lost to us 45-0. We were one of the better teams in Florida and 3A champions and runners up a few years back. We went undefeated or near undefeated in those years. Nobody wanted to play us. Then we hit a downturn starting in 2015 which has continued until this season. You would not even think it was the same team. Don't know if we are out of it or not for 2017. It happens to every team with the exception of STA which is very similar in its recruiting to IMG.

The last time I was there they had very limited stands on the visitor's side. That is why I sit in the home team's stands as I like to be up as high as possible for better viewing. Believe the visitor's stands are only 4 levels high which does not make for decent viewing. However, they may have added or replaced those stands since I was last there.

May I suggest something, since you and the fans from Cocoa will be driving up. The TCA school is located off I-10 Exit 355  Hammond Blvd. Take a right at Rockland Drive which will be well marked Trinity Christian. Follow the school's entrance road around about 1/4 of a mile to the parking lots. Depending where you park, in their huge parking lot, it may be a little hike to the stadium. 

Since it's late at night, when the game finishes and thousands of cars and people jockying for position, I always do a reverse navigation to get exact directions out of the lot and back onto I-10. You can get really screwed up by going the wrong way out of the parking lot or out of the school property. Believe me, I have done it when attending away games before. Now, I write down exact exiting instructions, for departing the school, with any away games.

Depending on whether TCA is still the championship caliber team that they have been the last few years or whether they have slipped somewhat, will determine if the drive back to Cocoa will be pleasant or not. I consider TCA one of the best teams in the state and probably even better at home. However, if North Marion defeating them in the KO Classic is any true indication of where they are this season, then Cocoa may have a somewhat easier time on Friday. But, I would not assume anything from a preseason game outcome.

16 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

The last time I was there they had very limited stands on the visitor's side. That is why I sit in the home team's stands as I like to be up as high as possible for better viewing. Believe the visitor's stands are only 4 levels high which does not make for decent viewing. However, they may have added or replaced those stands since I was last there.

May I suggest something, since you and the fans from Cocoa will be driving up. The TCA school is located off I-10 Exit 355  Hammond Blvd. Take a right at Rockland Drive which will be well marked Trinity Christian. Follow the school's entrance road around about 1/4 of a mile to the parking lots. Depending where you park, in their huge parking lot, it may be a little hike to the stadium. 

Since it's late at night, when the game finishes and thousands of cars and people jockying for position, I always do a reverse navigation to get exact directions out of the lot and back onto I-10. You can get really screwed up by going the wrong way out of the parking lot or out of the school property. Believe me, I have done it when attending away games before. Now, I write down exact exiting instructions, for departing the school, with any away games.

Depending on whether TCA is still the championship caliber team that they have been the last few years or whether they have slipped somewhat, will determine if the drive back to Cocoa will be pleasant or not. I consider TCA one of the best teams in the state and probably even better at home. However, if North Marion defeating them in the KO Classic is any true indication of where they are this season, then Cocoa may have a somewhat easier time on Friday. But, I would not assume anything from a preseason game outcome.

First the stands are that same size unless something changed this year 

I think tca will be a playoff team but i see them falling short of state

16 hours ago, Hog hunter said:

Cocoa by 21

Unfortunately I think you will be correct. Being a fan of TCA, being young this year, I don't think we will mature the young talent until later in the season. 

Also there has been changes at the school. A few more stands on visiting side. Not any more height to them and a new off ramp off of I-10. Makes it alot easier to get to the school.

27 minutes ago, Fan 74 said:

Unfortunately I think you will be correct. Being a fan of TCA, being young this year, I don't think we will mature the young talent until later in the season. 

Also there has been changes at the school. A few more stands on visiting side. Not any more height to them and a new off ramp off of I-10. Makes it alot easier to get to the school.

Oh great so we get them once they get good lol

On 8/19/2017 at 1:58 AM, Proseteye said:

North Marion s ored with 4 min to go in game. Varsity on Varsity was 7 to 0 TCA Conquerors. Sounds also lime 2 years in a row NM plays varsity 4 qtrs. TCA put JV in toward enf of 3rd. All that to say this, TCA is young, loaded with young talent. Probably a year or two away from serious play off contention. JMO.

1 hour ago, Fan 74 said:

North Marion s ored with 4 min to go in game. Varsity on Varsity was 7 to 0 TCA Conquerors. Sounds also lime 2 years in a row NM plays varsity 4 qtrs. TCA put JV in toward enf of 3rd. All that to say this, TCA is young, loaded with young talent. Probably a year or two away from serious play off contention. JMO.

I really don't mean to be argumentative and I actually like TCA as much if not more than North Marion, which is a sister school. I also enjoy your posts on this forum that are very informative. However,since the Colts possibly play TCA only once or twice every 10 years or so, how is it that you, obviously a fan and supporter of TCA, can determine what players on NM are varsity and what players are JV? To make a statement, that TCA's JV went up against NM's varsity and held their own, is pretty disrespectful toward the players of NM, wouldn't you say? Even I, who have seen the Colts play a few times, cannot point out their varsity and JV players on the field without  a detailed breakdown of both rosters and following them every minute in and out of the playing field. I seriously doubt that NM would play only its varsity players the entire KO classic. I'm not saying it isn't possible and that some TCA JV players might have gone up against NM varsity players. I just can't buy the fact that for the entire 2nd half TCA played only it's JV players and NM played only its varsity players. In most cases, if that would have happened, the NM varsity would have probably won by a much larger score. 

51 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I really don't mean to be argumentative and I actually like TCA as much if not more than North Marion, which is a sister school. I also enjoy your posts on this forum that are very informative. However,since the Colts possibly play TCA only once or twice every 10 years or so, how is it that you, obviously a fan and supporter of TCA, can determine what players on NM are varsity and what players are JV? To make a statement, that TCA's JV went up against NM's varsity and held their own, is pretty disrespectful toward the players of NM, wouldn't you say? Even I, who have seen the Colts play a few times, cannot point out their varsity and JV players on the field without  a detailed breakdown of both rosters and following them every minute in and out of the playing field. I seriously doubt that NM would play only its varsity players the entire KO classic. I'm not saying it isn't possible and that some TCA JV players might have gone up against NM varsity players. I just can't buy the fact that for the entire 2nd half TCA played only it's JV players and NM played only its varsity players. In most cases, if that would have happened, the NM varsity would have probably won by a much larger score. 

Read your Ocala Preps paper from last year after the KOF last year. No disrespect, you had a question about the teams, I was just filling you in on what happened with Varsity on Varsity and JV on which ever. I have respect for all who do not convict me of not respecting someone. A very small list so far.