Charter dropping Spectrum Sports at the end of Football Season

gwdrum75

Since I can't get to as many games as I've like, I love having the ability to watch them live on TV or through other broadcasts- I hope they stream games in the future as I'm sure there are others like myself who really enjoy the sport but due to real life constraints can't get out.

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sounds like Charter's purchase of Bright House is not working out for them.

Or the buying public. Little Brighthouse was without question the best consumer friendly cable company to ever operate in Volusia County.  24 hours a day you could talk to a "live" company rep. Made several 3am calls after work when service wasn't 100%. They'd test line and inform me whether it was an area problem or just me. The next day home service call was free and at the time I requested. Big Spectrum takes over and lays off company workers, hires no benefit subs and reduces compensation for current and new unguaranteed sub-contractors. So many area residents dropped them initially for their tardy response to problems, that they had to do a 180 degree re-evaluation to try and win back customers with timely service calls. Rarely are things better for the consumer when the big guy eats up a little guy.  #dailyrant

49 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Or the buying public. Little Brighthouse was without question the best consumer friendly cable company to ever operate in Volusia County.  24 hours a day you could talk to a "live" company rep. Made several 3am calls after work when service wasn't 100%. They'd test line and inform me whether it was an area problem or just me. The next day home service call was free and at the time I requested. Big Spectrum takes over and lays off company workers, hires no benefit subs and reduces compensation for current and new unguaranteed sub-contractors. So many area residents dropped them initially for their tardy response to problems, that they had to do a 180 degree re-evaluation to try and win back customers with timely service calls. Rarely are things better for the consumer when the big guy eats up a little guy.  #dailyrant

The farther you are from your customer or constituent, the less empathy you have. Monopoly and Oligopoly may be good for corporations/centralized governments, but is seldom good for the customer/constituent.