Clearwater Central Catholic 25, Tampa Catholic 0

SPCjessica2004

I went to the game in Clearwater this evening with my brother (left the hubby with the kids at home) and had a great time!  This was my game of the week in 3A and it also happens to be one of the few 3A games not cancelled.

Some general thoughts on Tampa Catholic:

-->Tampa Catholic is loaded at WR, and their QB lived up to his reputation of delivering tough throws under pressure. Their WR A. Brown is amazing- I can see why he's so highly recruited. CCC limited him to 2 catches, one of which was a bomb downfield and if not for a shoestring tackle, scores. My brother said he's going to be a power 5 WR and make a major impact in college- I agree!

--> Tampa Catholic's Jaylen Bussey is a tough cookie. TC has a tremendous passing attack, but he's tough to bring down.

--> #9 Raymond Benefield is a treat to watch. He's a linebacker, but my brother raved about him.

Some general thoughts on CCC:

--> Their Junior class is as good as advertised. You may look at their roster and see 23 seniors, but those 15 Juniors to me are all college prospects. Everyone of their names was announced multiple times in the game for a big play. #3 who is a Freshmen is one of the most exciting players I've seen and as big as Tampa Catholic was, nobody could tackle #8 for CCC who was was often seen carrying people 5-6 yards. On CCC's first touchdown, a 8 yard run- #8 was met at the line of scrimmage with a loud thud and dragged 3 TC defenders into the endzone.

--> Jr. Rory Hicks, the CCC QB is better than the QB they had last year. According to the reporter I spoke to, CCC ran for 344 yards and threw for 151, which puts CCC just under 500 yards of total offense. I went into the game with the intention of seeing Charlie Dean, the TC QB- but I came away far more impressed with Hicks.

--> The defense for the Marauders limited Tampa Catholic to 0 points and only 162 yards total offense- most of which came against CCC back-ups in the 4th.

Final Thoughts:

Going into this game, TC was the unanimous favorite by 7-10 points, Pinkos favored TC by 3. I think the only poll that picked CCC was Lazl. I expected to see Tampa Catholic light the scoreboard up with timely passes, amazing catches and long TD runs- what I saw was a competitive 1st quarter that saw TC block a punt and make a couple of plays but that was about it. Once the second quarter started, TC was grasping for air and the Marauders looked like they were ready to finally start playing, hit the accelerator and blew past the Crusaders.

It's early in the season, but now CCC has knocked of a very talented Berkeley Prep team on the road and crushed a very talented Tampa Catholic team at home. At this point, it's safe to say they're a powerhouse. For Tampa Catholic, it's back to the drawing board. They have to much talent on their team to score 0 points and rack up less than 200 yards total offense. Their defense won't beat anybody if they give up 500 yards offense.  TC has a huge game against Berkeley Prep in a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

So the rest of 3A should just quit playing then? Not denying those 4 private schools are favored but you make it sound like everyone should just not even show up and play.

Simplest way to understand nolebull is realize he is one of those guys who argues on national board and usually talking to people who only care about the top 10 in Florida and everyone else gets grouped together as the "others" 

Mainly since outside of a few good posters over there the majority of ones there are either there to pump up their team/state and usually don't go into deep research to find good teams throughout the entire state

Dont get me wrong there are a few over there i wish would come here even if they not nessisarly Florida guys but are reasonable and probably would learn a lot from us florida guys

And @nolebull813 i really hope armwood and plant make up their game,  armwood rarley plays good regular season teams and it makes it hard for me  to buy into them as a real threat in 6A 

On 9/8/2017 at 11:21 AM, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

So the rest of 3A should just quit playing then? Not denying those 4 private schools are favored but you make it sound like everyone should just not even show up and play.

To answer your question, yes they all are much inferior and have zero chance at a title. 

They would all have a better chance at a successful season by forfeiting the playoffs and playing in a bowl game instead. At least they have a snow balls chance in h... of winning something in the postseason 

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

To answer your question, yes they all are much inferior and have zero chance at a title. 

They would all have a better chance at a successful season by forfeiting the playoffs and playing in a bowl game instead. At least they have a snow balls chance in hell of winning something in the postseason 

Smh i guess you also the same person who wants the same 8 teams to win a championship every year and to pretend the other 500+ teams don't exist 

That's the problem with these local boards. It's a safe space for people to talk about insignificant teams and games.

Teams like Wekiva, Avon Park etc should never be mentioned on a football board. They have zero shot at anything. 

If your talking football why would you waste your time talking about garbage teams who will never sniff a title? 

Sounds like a waste. I can understand if you have a family or friend apart of a random team and you want to give a shout out with a little story attached. 

But to start threads about bad teams and games seems so wasteful. Focus on the teams that matter. 

32 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

That's the problem with these local boards. It's a safe space for people to talk about insignificant teams and games.

Teams like Wekiva, Avon Park etc should never be mentioned on a football board. They have zero shot at anything. 

If your talking football why would you waste your time talking about garbage teams who will never sniff a title? 

Sounds like a waste. I can understand if you have a family or friend apart of a random team and you want to give a shout out with a little story attached. 

But to start threads about bad teams and games seems so wasteful. Focus on the teams that matter. 

You can look at it like that but i view that idea as lazy

To only look at 10 teams in a state means you are not wanting to put effort into researching other teams that might actually allow you to learn more about the state as a whole

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You can look at it like that but i view that idea as lazy

To only look at 10 teams in a state means you are not wanting to put effort into researching other teams that might actually allow you to learn more about the state as a whole

The cream rises to the top! So if these really are contenders they will prove it and people will talk more about them!!

11 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The cream rises to the top! So if these really are contenders they will prove it and people will talk more about them!!

Yeah and if you spend time researching them you won't be as surprised when they rise to the top 

You never heard Lake Gibson mentioned on National board yet they talked about a bit on here and guess what 

2016 round 2 they beat a overranked armwood team and people take notice but who weren't surprised?  The people who spent all season talking about them on here

We talked about cardinal gibbons quite a bit in off-season and they defeat the defending 8a champs but do i hear them mentioned on national board, nope

You see a pattern here nolebull, if you wait until they make a mark you are behind the 8 ball,  on here we spot teams before they make a mark,  not wait until they make mark and then try to make up for lost time :D

The Game is about heart, passion and effort by young high school men who have a dream to give their all,  not about what us old frts want whose best days are ancient history,  bloviating bout how right we are on a board.  So if David knocks off Goliath just once, somewhere, this year -- then write on about 'em -- even if they don't get into the playoffs.  The Game's about them,  not us.

But if ya insist, here's a board restricted only fer those serious folks only want to talk bout top Florida teams guaranteed to make the post season > http://floridahsfootballteamsthatwillmaketheplayoffs.com

Now where's that Inlet Grove thread I was lookin for?