Florida Football vs the rest of the country

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

So it has been stated that when it comes to high school football that there is no state that's better then Florida As far as in speed talent & all around athleticism. 

& all of that may be true but I was over here thinking on this good NFL Sunday how it seen other states NOT ALL seem to be more advanced then Florida. If so then why is that .!??? 

I mean from the coaching the conditioning the weight room to the football fields to even the sideline TV monitors they have on the freaking sideline to review mistakes & etc right after a play or possession.!! I mean WOW..!!!! 

So what are you guys thoughts on this ??again I know EVERY STATE OR EVERY SCHOOL that's not in the state of Florida have those perks ...but a lot do & I have seen NONE OF THAT in Florida especially south Florida .!!

so for a state that produces some of if not the best talent in the nation how come the level of coaching for the most part is subpar the pay for high school coaches down here subpar the fields down here subpar if your school is lucky to have 1 which quite a few don't & the level of play & discipline is also very subpar for the most part unless your STA AHP OR OXB or something.

& what needs to change ?? Where is Florida lacking or going wrong ?? 

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

So it has been stated that when it comes to high school football that there is no state that's better then Florida As far as in speed talent & all around athleticism. 

& all of that may be true but I was over here thinking on this good NFL Sunday how it seen other states NOT ALL seem to be more advanced then Florida. If so then why is that .!??? 

I mean from the coaching the conditioning the weight room to the football fields to even the sideline TV monitors they have on the freaking sideline to review mistakes & etc right after a play or possession.!! I mean WOW..!!!! 

So what are you guys thoughts on this ??again I know EVERY STATE OR EVERY SCHOOL that's not in the state of Florida have those perks ...but a lot do & I have seen NONE OF THAT in Florida especially south Florida .!!

so for a state that produces some of if not the best talent in the nation how come the level of coaching for the most part is subpar the pay for high school coaches down here subpar the fields down here subpar if your school is lucky to have 1 which quite a few don't & the level of play & discipline is also very subpar for the most part unless your STA AHP OR OXB or something.

& what needs to change ?? Where is Florida lacking or going wrong ?? 

Columbia has some of that stuff you mentioned

They use Hudl, I've see they have 2 tv sideline monitors and a endzone and press box camera and even a few iPads

Flat out its resources, some don't have money to afford it or the coaching staffs who have money don't feel it's worth the cost of it

What needs to happen is communities need to support their teams better, in other states there not anything to do but athletics but Florida got too much to do

I look at our stands and not only are they weak in numbers but frankly our fans are oblivious and lazy, I've went off on fans a few weeks ago for not paying attention to games but no effect,  guess they like being yelled at 

26 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They use Hudl, I've see they have 2 tv sideline monitors and a endzone and press box camera and even a few iPads

Flat out its resources, some don't have money to afford it or the coaching staffs who have money don't feel it's worth the cost of it

What needs to happen is communities need to support their teams better, in other states there not anything to do but athletics but Florida got too much to do

I look at our stands and not only are they weak in numbers but frankly our fans are oblivious and lazy, I've went off on fans a few weeks ago for not paying attention to games but no effect,  guess they like being yelled at 

Lol && I don't believe it's so much it being so much to do I believe it all falls down to passion & actuall love for what we was blessed to have down here witch is pure bred raw talent & that goes for the schools down here who are in contention for a title year after year even those fans become lazy and spoiled.

where are the rabid fan bases who win or lose down by 50 or up by 50 their gonna let make u feel their presence.

you meantion about not having the resources and money ... I disagree all these teams being sponsored by nike wearing these sporty uniforms going out of state every other year running out of tunnels with smoke with flags && etc they can afford monitors & etc for their players.

even the body language in the players are different in other states it's like they love the game they bleed this game & their team mates are their family where as down here there is a lot of selfish careless play only caring about individual stats.

14 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Lol && I don't believe it's so much it being so much to do I believe it all falls down to passion & actuall love for what we was blessed to have down here witch is pure bred raw talent & that goes for the schools down here who are in contention for a title year after year even those fans become lazy and spoiled.

where are the rabid fan bases who win or lose down by 50 or up by 50 their gonna let make u feel their presence.

you meantion about not having the resources and money ... I disagree all these teams being sponsored by nike wearing these sporty uniforms going out of state every other year running out of tunnels with smoke with flags && etc they can afford monitors & etc for their players.

even the body language in the players are different in other states it's like they love the game they bleed this game & their team mates are their family where as down here there is a lot of selfish careless play only caring about individual stats.

Some rural fan bases like Trenton and Madison are like that as well as some in panhandle have good crowd energy but outside of that most fanbases have no energy at least that I've seen firsthand 

I meant resources with some of poorer schools, for the ones who have money they usually don't view it as a necessity 

Spoiled sounds like our fan base

I hear more people critizing us then cheering us but it's fine,  when we win I'll have no problem telling them i told them so 

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Some rural fan bases like Trenton and Madison are like that as well as some in panhandle have good crowd energy but outside of that most fanbases have no energy at least that I've seen firsthand 

I meant resources with some of poorer schools, for the ones who have money they usually don't view it as a necessity 

Spoiled sounds like our fan base

I hear more people critizing us then cheering us but it's fine,  when we win I'll have no problem telling them i told them so 

It's just like wow watching these other high schools out of the state of Florida look so much more advanced even the coaching the coaching down here is so watered down and vanilla versus other teams up north and stuff running college type offenses with multiple formations the quarter backs actually changing plays at the LOS And they have that lil wrist band thing with the plays on it so they don't have to keep looking at the sideline and they play much faster 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Port St Joe has a really nice weight room,  tablets on the sideline to watch film between possessions,  3 sets of new uniforms,  Riddell speedflex helmets,  first rate locker room,  and although the stadium and school are old everything is kept in working order and freshly painted.  I am not trying to be boastful but the community is always ready to donate to our sports programs  and will as long as we win.  We also have a school administration puts sports on a level with academics knowing that both are important. Port St Joe has an average household income of $40,865 

23 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Port St Joe has a really nice weight room,  tablets on the sideline to watch film between possessions,  3 sets of new uniforms,  Riddell speedflex helmets,  first rate locker room,  and although the stadium and school are old everything is kept in working order and freshly painted.  I am not trying to be boastful but the community is always ready to donate to our sports programs  and will as long as we win.  We also have a school administration puts sports on a level with academics knowing that both are important. Port St Joe has an average household income of $40,865 

Oh wow ...& that's nice man how is the crowd support 

Local governments won't invest in the sport.  If you can field teams that beat Katy and Bishop Gorman with crumbs why would they invest?  Palm Beach County is the richest county in Florida and our kids are paying 200.00 to play football.  When I coached in Chicago we got 8k stipends and Chicago has significantly less resources than Palm Beach.

11 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

Local governments won't invest in the sport.  If you can field teams that beat Katy and Bishop Gorman with crumbs why would they invest?  Palm Beach County is the richest county in Florida and our kids are paying 200.00 to play football.  When I coached in Chicago we got 8k stipends and Chicago has significantly less resources than Palm Beach.

So basically if Florida was struggling to compete then they would support it? 

50 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

That's crazy wow 

3 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

& that's fine because I bet how ever many it is it out do most of these big name schools 

Only game in my memory that we filled the stands was viera and i watched fans walk out on us in 3rd quarter 

Haven't given benefit of doubt to our fans since, still pissed off that some of the fans walked out on us and its nearly 2 Years that have passed 

The schools need to be fan friendly and make it easier for people to attend.  We have a lot of elderly people that come to games and cannot get up the bleachers so we have ground level seats in one end zone with golf cart parking behind them for those that just want to sit in their golf cart. Schools should reach out to their community and find out any way they can get more people to attend.  I know many schools give game passes to students that maintain an A B average. You could also give passes for good conduct.  Having the kids there is the first step.  I believe a school should have 3/4 of their students in attendance at all home games.

In years when Apopka makes a deep playoff run, by the second/third round home games have 5k fans with standing room only. This year they got monitors to analyze and teach in real time. Our field is grass, but is well maintained. But I get your point, overall football at the high school level in Florida is not well supported. 

Part of the coaching deficit relates to the poor stipends paid. That leads to many good coaches leaving the state or jumping to college first chance they get. 

If the raw talent was not here, Florida would be a mediocre football state due to the lack of investment. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If Apopka got that kind of student support, we would have over 3,000 + at all home games. The students alone would make up well over 2,000 of the total.

Exactly.  It is the kids'  schools if they don't care now will they ever.  I guess we are lucky to be in a small town with nothing else to do on a Friday night

10 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

The schools need to be fan friendly and make it easier for people to attend.  We have a lot of elderly people that come to games and cannot get up the bleachers so we have ground level seats in one end zone with golf cart parking behind them for those that just want to sit in their golf cart. Schools should reach out to their community and find out any way they can get more people to attend.  I know many schools give game passes to students that maintain an A B average. You could also give passes for good conduct.  Having the kids there is the first step.  I believe a school should have 3/4 of their students in attendance at all home games.

I wish we could get 75% student population lol

So far i see probably 50-100 students max so about 5% or less of student population 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If Apopka got that kind of student support, we would have over 3,000 + at all home games. The students alone would make up well over 2,000 of the total.

And that's another thing almost 50 percent of the schools up north have Rabid student sections their loud crazy hyped && color corridinated and they love their school. Down here the fans wack cheerleaders should just not even come and the announcers are terrible the run on the field is dry compared to most states and schools like I said over all it just seem Florida is a step or two or 3 behind a lot of states but yet we're supposed to be the MECA of football smh I disagree 

1 minute ago, Sharkbait said:

Exactly.  It is the kids'  schools if they don't care now will they ever.  I guess we are lucky to be in a small town with nothing else to do on a Friday night

If that's case we should fill our stands

Lake city ain't got nothing fun to do

Just columbia athletics and 100 restraunts 

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

And that's another thing almost 50 percent of the schools up north have Rabid student sections their loud crazy hyped && color corridinated and they love their school. Down here the fans wack cheerleaders should just not even come and the announcers are terrible the run on the field is dry compared to most states and schools like I said over all it just seem Florida is a step or two or 3 behind a lot of states but yet we're supposed to be the MECA of football smh I disagree 

We are meca talent wise

Just not at anything else 

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Well there is a fhsaa rule in place that limits how much announcers are allowed to get into game 

Even though ones at some schools we have played at who i won't name have not followed the same guidelines in place