Getting back to normal

Joshua Wilson

Hey, everyone,

Trying to get things back to normal. I have been very hurricane-weary the last two weeks and it has not been fun. Never felt such momentum be sucked out of you like what Irma did.

Anyways, the goal is to be back to normal with mostly everything but have a few thoughts. 

One thing I have been thinking about during all of this is content. What direction do I go in. Considering the consumption of news through mobile devices is at an all-time high, I am looking for ways to be different in that sector. I know you all have posted some ideas in the past and I certainly have a few of those in mind, but I am open again to listening to fresh perspectives.

The second thing is going ahead and launching the Patreon account. In order for me to offer any potential new features or move the site to the next step, some fundraising will be needed. This will allow us to get support from those who come here often, while also seeking new sponsors, advertisers and other sources of revenue. I have some ideas that will likely part of the rewards for this. Looking at possibly starting this October 1. (NOTE: I know a lot of people are still trying to figure out how to recover from Irma and if you can't be part of things at the launch doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to later. I will detail more how things work later on). 

Joe Pinkos' Week 5 forecast is on the site. Looking at some other things for this week. Trying to get some games for Pick'ems this week up as well so we can get back on track with that and I will look to get the results all posted and that.

If you all want to ask me anything or need anything just drop a response here or send me a message.

Josh