Quantcast
Jump to content

“PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE)

(3-0) MNW VS (3-0) IMG ACADEMY LIVE THREAD

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, badbird said:

sometimes a loss is a good teaching lesson.  Sometimes a loss can help more than winning especially when it doesn't count

it can be, but that don't mean that you can be ok with a loss

 

I think us losing to Apopka and Escambia in 2015 helped us grow in second half of season

 

losing to lee and Madison in span of 4 days helped us grow toughness but I was not ok with the loss itself at the time, though I look back and realized it was a blessing in disguise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

it can be, but that don't mean that you can be ok with a loss

 

I think us losing to Apopka and Escambia in 2015 helped us grow in second half of season

 

losing to lee and Madison in span of 4 days helped us grow toughness but I was not ok with the loss itself at the time, though I look back and realized it was a blessing in disguise 

that's because you are a FAN atic and not a coach.  A coach usually sees the bigger picture that doesn't mean they are ok with it.  Everyone would love to go undefeated but in reality very few will ever do that.  Better to lose a preseason game and learn a lesson then a regular season game and have to learn the same lesson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badbird said:

that's because you are a FAN atic and not a coach.  A coach usually sees the bigger picture that doesn't mean they are ok with it.  Everyone would love to go undefeated but in reality very few will ever do that.  Better to lose a preseason game and learn a lesson then a regular season game and have to learn the same lesson

I would never be allowed to be a football coach anyway so I probably wont be able to see through that mindset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I would never be allowed to be a football coach anyway so I probably wont be able to see through that mindset

Why? Coach Weiner at Tampa Plant did not play the game competitively and is one of the more successful coaches in Florida High School Football. So even if you did not play varsity, does not mean you could not coach if that is what you wanted to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Why? Coach Weiner at Tampa Plant did not play the game competitively and is one of the more successful coaches in Florida High School Football. So even if you did not play varsity, does not mean you could not coach if that is what you wanted to do.

because our coaching staff only hires former Columbia players and I have too much pride to allow myself to coach football at a different school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

because our coaching staff only hires former Columbia players and I have too much pride to allow myself to coach football at a different school

The world changes, my friend. If you wanted to coach at Columbia with a burning passion, there is probably a way. It would not be easy, and there would be resistance. However, things do change. If it is worth it to you, then you should do whatever it takes to make it a reality. 

Sometimes the perspective of a non player can be a very useful thing. You are less likely to be  "married" to a particular way of doing things. 

A good football player may not have a good football mind. Likewise, a good football mind does not mean you have had to be a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

The world changes, my friend. If you wanted to coach at Columbia with a burning passion, there is probably a way. It would not be easy, and there would be resistance. However, things do change. If it is worth it to you, then you should do whatever it takes to make it a reality. 

Sometimes the perspective of a non player can be a very useful thing. You are less likely to be  "married" to a particular way of doing things. 

I'm sure I can in some capacity, even if not in football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

because our coaching staff only hires former Columbia players and I have too much pride to allow myself to coach football at a different school

Coaching staffs change. More importantly you would be better served to coach somewhere else first and come into there with some experience.  You may want to start in peewee and learn the ropes and then you will already have a relationship with the players .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • Ha.   More like "Counselor, please do your own research before you walk in here and ask the Court to answer all of your legal questions -- especially when the answer to all your questions can be found in the transcript."
    • Okaloosa County pays the best.  They are Athletic Directors and get admin pay.  Matt Brunson Baker is probably one of the highest paid in Florida.   They do not have to be teacher but most are.  I'm not sure if anyone in public school is off campus but they could be.   Most assistant football coaches are paid but quite a few do not get paid.   Most public schools are allowed between 7-10 paid spots. We had 2-3 not paid at our school last year.  
    • Andrew Thomas’ tenure at Trinity Catholic didn’t last long. After two seasons at the helm of the Celtics’ football program, Thomas notified Trinity Catholic officials on Friday that he would be stepping down. “This afternoon school president Lou Pereira announced that Andrew Thomas, Head Football Coach since January 2018, has resigned his position effective immediately,” the school said in its official release. “Trinity Catholic has begun a search for his replacement.” In two seasons, Thomas amassed a record of 13-7 with the Celtics. In the 2019 season, Trinity Catholic’s 8-4 record included a statement win over Calvary Christian — a team that was 7-1 when they came into Ocala. “I’m very appreciative to be given the opportunity to come to this program,” Thomas said on Friday afternoon. “It’s a short history, but a rich history in a short time. To be able to have two years here and put my footprint on this program, I’m thankful for my opportunity to be here.” Thomas met with members and players of Trinity Catholic’s football program on Friday afternoon. “That’s the hard part,” Thomas began. “What people don’t realize is that I spend more time with these kids than I do my own kids... Everything is on good terms, and I wanted to make sure that it was.” Thomas’ future destination, if there is one already in place, has yet to be announced.   Really bad news as Coach Thomas was bringing the program back and we were looking at a Senior Laden and experienced team for 2020. The team was not quite there yet in the 2nd round against Pensacola Catholic in 2019. OH well, here we go again. Just hope that the AD makes a good choice. Is Kerwin Bell available?
    • Trinity Catholic football coach steps down              
    • I believe Bay County and Walton pay their coaches as Athletic Directors/Administrators so they get paid the best. This is an article from summer 2016 about the pay... i doubt much has changed... https://www.gainesville.com/sports/20160717/supplemental-pay-for-head-coaches-in-all-67-florida-counties Another article from same year... https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2019/07/29/sad-state-of-pay-florida-high-school-coaches-earn-little-compared-to-others/#fl-ga-interactive
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...