University vs seminole

DisabledAccount

This win bumps OC University up to 36.16 points and would put them in the playoffs.

Winter Park 42.50

Flagler Palm Coast 41.71

Wekiva 40.71

Seminole (Sanford) 40.20

Apopka 39.13

Lake Mary 38.43

Boone 36.17

Spruce Creek 35.50

Timber Creek 34.67

Oviedo 34.57

Evans 34.29

West Orange 34.13

Lake Brantley 33.14

Sandalwood 32.86

University (Orange City) 32.80

I did make the game. Here is my take. Seminole started slow, both offensively (a lot of dropped catches) and defensively (University's receivers were able to get behind the Seminole secondary and pick up huge yardage). At the end of the first quarter, OC University led 14-0, and Seminole's only first down was called back due to a holding penalty.

Seminole came into its own in the second and third quarters and reeled off 21 unanswered points to take a 21-14 lead at the end of three. At this stage University looked tired and momentum had swung back to Seminole. Alas, for their fans victory was not to be. University took advantage of a Seminole miscue to tie the game and after Seminole went three and out, OC University marched downfield and scored again. 

With a little over five minutes left on the  clock, Seminole got the ball back, picked up an impressive first down, and seemed to be back in business. At their own 40 and on second and 10, for reasons that elude me, they took out the freshman QB and brought in their big running back (No 32). I figured they were going to direct snap to him (earlier in the game they had picked up a couple first downs that way, including one of their touchdowns). Instead, the ball was snapped to No 7 (a wide out); he proceeded to throw an awkward lateral behind his receiver which was dropped and rolled out of bounds. The freshman QB was brought back in for third and long and OC University proceeded to sack him. This probably ended Seminole's chances of coming back.

In terms of the two teams, I believe Seminole has more talent on its roster. However, OC University deserved the win and I would argue had a better game plan. This district is wide open as I believe Seminole is capable of beating Lake Mary. Whether they will or not, though, is an open question.

Perhaps, it's as Bad Bird suggested. Seminole may be just a little too young and 2018 may end up being their year. 

We saw some things on film and executed them pretty well. No team attacked the QB which allowed him to sit in the pocket and pick teams apart. He had moments where he seamed unstoppable and yes the momentum swings throughout the game were huge. I don't believe they have better talent but do have some explosive players. With a win Friday at Lake Mary we will win the district. Our guys just wanted that win more, our defense has had a tough go with injuries but they fought for all 4 quarters last night. I do think we can pull it out and win the district, but we can not over look Lake Mary and have to get our guys refocused for a quick turn around.